Heeeeelp! I Need Something To Draw!

Amunet

Fish Aficionado
Reaction score
Ok, so I've been going through one hellava bad artist's block. I've had it for YEARS now, but have been able to at least push out a drawing here or there.
But right now... I just can't draw anything. I just can't find inspiration. I have the desire to draw, but once I open up one of my sketchbooks, my mind just shuts down.

So anywho! I would love some ideas :D

I enjoy fantasy related stuff. Dragons, elves, fairies, etc.
I'm not very good at drawing landscapes, buildings.. things like that.
I'm OK with animals, but not great.. I think I draw people the best, but it's still not fantastic heh.
Not really a fan of drawing horses.... mainly b/c I find them super difficult.

Uhm.. so yeah.... any ideas would be most appreciated :) Fantasy related prefered :D
Whenever I pick something, I'll post it here as I work on it :)

I wish I could draw. I screw up drawing stick people. :lol:

The first thing that came to mind for a possible 'inspiration' is to watch a movie. Have you seen Lord of the Rings? There's plenty of interesting characters in that one... kind of fantasy. ;) Another good movie would be Star Trek. I saw that movie a couple weeks ago and it was AWESOME!

Even if you don't draw something specifically from those movies, maybe they'll spark something?

Hope this helps!

Lol... I love LOTR, watched it numerous times and have never gotten inspiration from it :p lol Just not one of those kinds of movies that sparks that in me.
Saw Star Trek the weekend it came out of course! heh LOVED it, same as LOTR though.... even though it was awesome, no spark. Sigh.
This suuuuuuucks... I used to get inspired so easily when I was younger, now... pfffft, nada!

I know the feeling, I like drawing too but I can never find anything that I want to draw. I usually search through google images

Most reactions

Back