Have you seen my fish?

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Kirsty

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I had 7 Cardinal Tetra's, I now have 6.

Where has he gone? I cant see him anywhere!!!

How long have the fish been missing?

If your tank has a fair amount of plants, wood, rocks, etc, chances are the fish are out hiding.

I have 8 neon tetras, and when I count them, sometimes I have 9 and sometimes 7. wish the little fellas would just keep still for a minute whilst I count them!!!
Are you definitely sure he's not there?
Is he in the filter?

check your filter..If you have small neons or cardinals they are more likely to get suck up on the intake tube of your filter....It happen to me too when I use to have a 10 gallon tank i count my neons everyday and everytime there's always one missing, so when I clean my filter, guess what I found...the missing neons...some actually manage to survive on dirty water, so if the are only been missing for a couple of days check your filter now...they still might be alive....

Check not just the filter, but even under the gravel. Does the tank have a hood? Is there any way the fish could have jumped out? If so, plug up or cover the openings and search for thr fish. I had a female betta that dissapeared, and we found her in the carpet a month later... :(

EDIT Also, could another fish have eaten him by any chance?

There is no way he could have escaped, desperate to get home now to check the filter, i never thought the poor little guy was small enough to end up in there.

OrkyBetta said:
Check not just the filter, but even under the gravel.
Under the gravel????

I had a glolight terea disappear on me within half a day of be buying them.

I'm sure there's a Bermuda triangle type vortex somewhere full of our missing tetras.

I hope you find it Kirsty.

I had a neon go missing on me a while back and I looked everywhere.

A week later I found her, or at least her body, buried deep in among the Ambulia fronds.
ew.
:sick:

Odd...I read this yesterday, and lo and behold, today I arrive home from work to find my very own pregnant (I think) guppy missing! I've checked the plants and the filter, but to no avail. Where the hell is she?! :-(

Worry not! I've lost 1 glass cat fish from one tank - think it dissolved! :crazy: And one acquatic frog from the other. :hyper: Both tanks have had all "furniture" moved out to enable us to clean gravel thoroughly. No fish or frog!! But I hasten to add nitrate levels are up - so I guess they have died and left bits that have been only partially eaten! :huh:

Doo - doo - doo doo! Bit spooky eh! :flex:

Jane x

i too had a cardinal missing last week. i found him later... under some bogwood.. well about half of him :sad: ... there seems to be a predator in the tank.
darnit

If you have any decorations with holes, it could have gotten into there and died. Try to shake out anything you might have in there.

Do you have any bottom dwellers? They would have easily taken care of a dead fish, and leave only the bone.

Most reactions

Back