Has my cycle stalled?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

DeeGeeDee

Reaction score
Hi

I'm looking for some opinions if my cycle has stalled? It's only been a week but I've seen the rise in ammonia and also a rise in nitrites but now nitrites are coming down and ammonia has stayed high throughout. I've been logging this on the following link - any advice would be great.

I feel like I should do a 25% water change to get some of the ammonia down and then only dose to 2ppm - I think I may have OD'd the tank at the beginning!

pH is around 7.4 / 7.8
Kh is 5
Gh is 7

http://www.fishforums.net/threads/my-cycle-journal-dr-tims-fluval-flex-57l.444872/

Thanks
Derek

Ummm You must be dosing a very large amount I would recommend you dose only about 2ppm but for now stop dosing and let the ammonia go down.

That's the thing. I only dosed on the first day (instructions from Dr Tim to dose 8 drops per G to get 4ppm) to get 4ppm. I think this might have been a bit over - the green was definitely not 8ppm but could have been above 4ppm on the API chart. I've not dosed any more since the first day and it's still not coming down. I feel like it's just stopped altogether.

Like you said it's only been a week, give it a month before you start doing anything too crazy to the environment.

...and it's going. Ammonia finally coming down (was at 2ppm last night) along with nitrites sky high...5ppm. Feel like I'm getting somewhere now.

Answered your question in that thread.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back