Has Any One Got One?

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

rubberdoofa

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi hears my problem, I have a c02 system proflora 2 and silly me was fiddling about under the tank removed it to clean about etc and somehow and i cant quite figiure out how but i mannaged it ....lost the ###### round transformer type plug that runs the whole lot rendering my system useless. :shout: Can anyone help i dont want to buy a whole new kit just for a plug ive looked everywhere but on hear now even jbl dont do seperate parts and its there c02 system! asyou can guess im annoyed with myself now. :grr:
the plug is octogan shape almost, black with grooves on and is on its own no wires etc you plug your odd continental looking socket cable in to it?
:look:
hopefully Jo xx

Hi hears my problem, I have a c02 system proflora 2 and silly me was fiddling about under the tank removed it to clean about etc and somehow and i cant quite figiure out how but i mannaged it ....lost the ###### round transformer type plug that runs the whole lot rendering my system useless. :shout: Can anyone help i dont want to buy a whole new kit just for a plug ive looked everywhere but on hear now even jbl dont do seperate parts and its there c02 system! asyou can guess im annoyed with myself now. :grr:
the plug is octogan shape almost, black with grooves on and is on its own no wires etc you plug your odd continental looking socket cable in to it?
:look:
hopefully Jo xx

If it's what im thinking it is.. ie. to covert 2 pin plugs into our own power supply then you can buy them from virtually anywhere... try your local chemist :)

jen

21evmv69qXL._SL500_AA219_.jpg

Anything like this ?

If so, ask for a "shaver adaptor" in Wilkos or another hardware store.... only a quid or so.

well thanks guys i didnt expect anyone to notice my post let alone reply! but the plug sugested isnt the right one its prong holes are too far apart, the two prongs are more like a _ and a. a dot with a line under and close together maybe as little as 3mm, you know this is realy doing my nut in now :shout: i cant use the thing or sell it may as well go in the ###### bin why dont JBL have a spares section with ALL of there equipment in not just odds and ends when you do a daft thing like loose the plug you should be able to replace it....shouldnt you???? or am i asking too much :unsure: i think im going to have to find out how to put a picture of the socket end up so you can see what im waffling on about :blush: .....ALTHOUGH....... could i cut the ###### thing off and replace it with a different type??? with out blowing myself up that is? :shifty:

well thanks guys i didnt expect anyone to notice my post let alone reply! but the plug sugested isnt the right one its prong holes are too far apart, the two prongs are more like a _ and a. a dot with a line under and close together maybe as little as 3mm, you know this is realy doing my nut in now :shout: i cant use the thing or sell it may as well go in the ###### bin why dont JBL have a spares section with ALL of there equipment in not just odds and ends when you do a daft thing like loose the plug you should be able to replace it....shouldnt you???? or am i asking too much :unsure: i think im going to have to find out how to put a picture of the socket end up so you can see what im waffling on about :blush: .....ALTHOUGH....... could i cut the ###### thing off and replace it with a different type??? with out blowing myself up that is? :shifty:

Can you post a pic of the offending article ? AND a picture of any labels on the device the plug attaches to please ?

Is it the JBL CO2 Solenoid Valve 12 V safety voltage plug
You cant have lost that...It's like a brick. :lol:

well i mannaged it and in 20 minuts too!! houdini has nothing on me ha ha ha somewhere in my house is a mini black hole that things just disappear in to never to be seen again.. like socks inthe washing machine :look: ..... so since you have identified the offending object do you know where or how i can replace it??? :blush:

If its JUST a "12v adaptor" they are available in lots of places - but you would need to adapt the connector, and discover the current requirements (although an existing user will be able to provide this info)

No doubt JBL will offer a replacement, but it will cost a LOT more than one from an electrical shop.

12v, 0.125A or 125mA if you like. Though it's one of those nippy 1 large pin, 1 small pin connectors.

12v, 0.125A or 125mA if you like. Though it's one of those nippy 1 large pin, 1 small pin connectors.

Thanks Gav...

Something like THIS should suffice then...

well thanks im half way there and nearly grinning woohooo :fun: BUT :no: ................................. its 150ma not 500ma ........bump!!!! :look: i had thought of maplins, and modifying the conector myself but im no electrician and water and lecky spell disaster any way but put me in to the equasion and its a recipy for relocating your house!!!! so i guess if there are no saviours out there in ......buggerd!!! :-(

Thanks Gav...

Something like THIS should suffice then...

well thanks im half way there and nearly grinning woohooo :fun: BUT :no: ................................. its 150ma not 500ma ........bump!!!! :look: i had thought of maplins, and modifying the conector myself but im no electrician and water and lecky spell disaster any way but put me in to the equasion and its a recipy for relocating your house!!!! so i guess if there are no saviours out there in ......buggerd!!! :-(

As I said earlier... theres no problem with the supply having "too much" current... I you want to send me the part, I will happily sort it for you ?

As rooster said (and helped me with a similar question the other day), the adapter is rated to 500mA, which is the maximum it can supply, the solenoid will only draw as much as it needs so it will be fine.

well i mannaged it and in 20 minuts too!! houdini has nothing on me ha ha ha somewhere in my house is a mini black hole that things just disappear in to never to be seen again.. like socks inthe washing machine :look: ..... so since you have identified the offending object do you know where or how i can replace it??? :blush:

Didn't you know that socks are the larval stage of the metal coat hanger!! LOL

Most reactions

Back