Harlequin rasboras jaw stuck open (?) Help needed

ilikecats

Reaction score
i put him in a jar seperately to see, and it's jaw looks gone, i just got it yesterday
What should i do?

I've already checked the water quality and everything's normal

Attachments

• IMG_20240205_224030.jpg
    IMG_20240205_224030.jpg
    124.9 KB · Views: 24
  • Screenshot_20240205_223446.jpg
    Screenshot_20240205_223446.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 17
Unfortunately, there's no effective therapy :( If the fish cannot feed itself it will eventually starves to death.

Fish jaws are much too delicate to be ā€œpoppedā€ back into position, though it is possible to do so with larger fish.

If he is able to eat, you might end with a perfectly happy crippled fish. If he is not able to eat, I wouldn't let him starve and euthanize him the most humane way. šŸ˜¢

Unfortunately, there's no effective therapy :( If the fish cannot feed itself it will eventually starves to death.

Fish jaws are much too delicate to be ā€œpoppedā€ back into position, though it is possible to do so with larger fish.

If he is able to eat, you might end with a perfectly happy crippled fish. If he is not able to eat, I wouldn't let him starve and euthanize him the most humane way. šŸ˜¢
Sadly it died this morning & another one too, they both had cotton like stuff surrounding the lips

thinking it might be columnaris since it also affected some other fish šŸ˜“ any suggestions? I've changed 50% of the water

Most reactions

Back