Happy Birthday Talltree!

What fish/ shrimp should I get for my 3 gallon tank?

• Betta

Votes: 17 39.5%
  • Endlers guppies

Votes: 9 20.9%
  • Regular guppies

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aussie native Shrimp

Votes: 17 39.5%

• Total voters
rofl.gif
  Sneaky girlfriend! At least she knows better than to put some goldfish in.

"Goldfish were hiding in the plants I bought?!"

I am jealous that your girlfriend contributes to your tanks. I'm luck to get the husband to even look at mine. Oh well. That was really nice of her tho.

quote name="MrsEspoNYC7" post="3586926" timestamp="1377719399"]I am jealous that your girlfriend contributes to your tanks. I'm luck to get the husband to even look at mine. Oh well. That was really nice of her tho.[/quote]

Yes. She means well but she isn't too knowledgeable on fish. I don't want to tell her cos I think her head would explode like mine almost did. [
:lol:

I haven't had to top up the tank in ages! I'll look for something that fits the filter top to stop the evaporation from there.

I put in some crypts from my main tank so they can grow a bit in the next few weeks. Sheldon's fine. :)

I drew a picture:
2uTeU9.png

In the back left is supposed to be duckweed or another plant that looks like that. The back right is branching val and the front is hair grass. :)
Bother! Forgot to put the driftwood with moss in it. I'll draw a new one. :S
3uiarN.png

There ya're. Phew, crisis averted. XD

Looks like a good plan.. Too bad you're all the way in Australia I have a bunch of extra wood I'm trying to get rid of.

MrsEspoNYC7 said:
Looks like a good plan.. Too bad you're all the way in Australia I have a bunch of extra wood I'm trying to get rid of.
I'm trying to create more black water effect and could use some wood...
whistling.gif

I thought duckweed was a floating plant?

I thought duckweed was a floating plant?[/quote]

I think it is a floating plant. Like little green leaves that float on the surface. Not sure tho. I'm just learning all of this myself
Where are you located dreamer

All is well and the columnaris is gone. Woot woot!

An update!
Here are some pics:

Here is the li'l mug I put in there to hold the food. There's a couple of algae wafers in there:

Shelldon:

There is some scum on the walls. I am assuming this is normal for a cycling tank. Maybe algae?

Probably just biofilm (bacteria from the tap). You can clean it off or let Sheldon at it. :p

Looks good! Like the calming layout!

Yeah, does look like a biofilm during cycle, I had that in my tank. Not to worry, will go away of its own accord or Sheldon might have a go at that 
smile.png

I'm getting worried about sheldon. He's mostly brown now and hardly moves. Do you think this is due to the cycle? I've read they do better in cooler waters. Would he fare better if I shut the heater off?
Thanks for comments regarding biofilm. I'll take that as a good sign :D .

Most reactions

Back