Had to remove my rock

Zorba

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I had to take out my large rock yesterday. I couldnt seem to keep the ph levels in my water down regardless how much pH down i put in to the tank.

I turns out that the rock i had in there was what was keeping it up. The previous owner had bought the rock because he couldnt get the ph levels up.

So now i have a big empty space on one side of my tank that needs filling.

Do you have a good pet store that might stock those large pieces of safe driftwood? They make a nice addition to a tank. A good lfs might have some nice safe rocks you could add as well. What sort of rock was it? I can't imagine something inert like granite would hurt but don't quote me on that, besides who wants a huge round boulder in their tank? :crazy: There is a sort of bogwood out there that softens the water, just can't remember what it's called since I don't use it. Somebody else here must know. I've seen enough tanks here with rock quarries in them(just kidding). Perhaps hunting one of the owners down and pm'ing them would give you some answers as to what they've used. Cichlids and other fish that love hidey holes must love those tanks. Good luck in your search! :thumbs:

I think it was limestone or something. It wasnt that big, looked really good in the tank. There is a good lfs near me that sells driftwood, but its really expensive.

Im not sure what to replace it with at the moment.

Most reactions

Back