had-a-snail questions

noelberg

Fishaholic
Reaction score
For those of you with any experience with Had-A-Snail:

The Aquarium Products medicine Had-A-Snail was recommended to me by someone who said it also killed parasites and other nasty things. I have a nasty snail outbreak, and the lettuce trick didn't lure a single one, so I resorted to meds ...
The label says "use only when snails proliferate in hard water above 32 ppm", but I have very soft water ... so I haven't used it yet ...

1. Will this product work in my tank?
2. Will the 3.8% copper sulphate do anything against gill flukes or velvet? OR would something else be more appropriate?

As for question #2, I have tried Quick Cure (formalin and methaline green) and it did jack-squat thus far.

thanks

Hi noelberg :)

Are you sure you really want to use chemicals to kill the snails in your tank? :unsure:

If you do, you will still have to pick them out by hand, and quickly too, or they will just rot and pollute your water. This will be a much worse problem than having living snails in there. :sick:

Why don't you just buy a clown loach or two. I was getting overrun by snails and bought 2 clown loaches and in about two weeks the loaches are looking for food as the snails are gone. No chemicals no need to worry about the other fish. John

Hi jhowey :)

Welcome to the forum! :hi: Why not start a thread in the Newbie's section and introduce yourself?

The trouble with adding clown loaches to a tank is that they are rather large fish and will grow too large for the average fishkeeper to accomodate in their tanks. Here's a link with more information about them:

http://www.users.bigpond.com/rjeb/clown.html

Most reactions

Back