Guppys in need of help!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

discusmary

Reaction score
Within the last two weeks I have lost 6 male guppies and 1 pregnant female. But today I think I am about to lose another two! Their almost looking like they are paralysed from the head down. Their scales are sticking out quite bad and they are hiding an awful lot. They are still swimming (to a fashion) with their side fins.
I have other fish in this tank(other than guppies) which dont seem to be effected but its all them that I am losing. Is there a disease purely for guppies?!
The last few weeks I have been using Myxzain but it doesnt seem to be working. Am I treating with the wrong stuff, its hard to know when I dont know whats wrong with them. Please can anyone help?

I'm afraid to say it's dropsy and the last stage of the desease is scales protruding outwards, there is no cure once this happens ,sorry.

Will this effect my other fish?
I have 1 male and 1 female gourami
4 silver tips
4 other guppies 3 male 1 pregnant female
2 redeyed swordtails
20 neon tetras
1 loach

Could someone let me know so that if possible I could try to save the others! Thanks!!!

Thanks for that I guess its a waiting game to see if the rest of my fish have this I will continue to treat with my myzaxin until I can get other treatment. I might also use a little salt to see if that works Many thanks :flowers:

Good luck, keep us all informed.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back