Guppy v platys

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Well, there's not much to go on, but male livebearers (like guppies) will try to breed with any other livebearers...like platies. So, that's my guess.

Do you only have one platy? If so, you may want to get a couple more. Are your guppies all males?

Do you only have one platy? If so, you may want to get a couple more. Are your guppies all males?
I have 3 male guppies (Enders) 2 male platies 1 female platy. The guppies seem to peck at all the platy anus area (there isn't any poo).

You really may want to consider at least one more female platy so the one female doesn’t get stressed from constantly being bred by the males. If you have a little more room, a few more guppies may help too. I have 5 and they are content just to pick on each other most of the time. :)

Well, there's not much to go on, but male livebearers (like guppies) will try to breed with any other livebearers...like platies. So, that's my guess.

Eagles aquarium is absolutely right.
In fact, I felt digusted with male Guppies at one point and I stop keeping Guppies...

I have 3 male guppies (Enders) 2 male platies 1 female platy. The guppies seem to peck at all the platy anus area (there isn't any poo).

Depending how big your tank is... getting more females of both species would limit the interplay...

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back