guppy fry!!

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

wrs

Michelle's Hot
Reaction score
today my guppy had her babys!! theres 26 of them and they all lived. four of them were born in the tank, the funny thing is that no one ate them, so i put them in one of those butter containers, and i put a plant w/them

1 can i keep then in there?
2 how long does it take them 2 eat?

i think thats all

Congrats!

Well, I wouldnt really trust a butter container.. Why dont you just go and get a 1 - 3 gallon tank for 15 - 20 dollars? The babies would grow faster and healthier that way. The container is o-k for temporary storage but not long term.

And they can eat FINELY crushed flakes the second they come out. Repeat, finely crushed.

Best of luck with them!
Dakota

how can u crush them? my fingers cant get them all small, etc.

I always put a nice amount of regular fish flakes into a ziplock bag and slowly crush it by rubbing the two sides together. Then you open the bag, take out a pinch, and lightly rub it even more between your fingers as you give it to them. Then the left overs can be stored in the bag. (Remember to close it!)

Another food my babies seem to enjoy is hard boiled egg. Crumble it lightly into a another ziplock baggie and keep it in the fridge. Just drop in light amounts with the flake food. Even the adults like it, too! (Although I wouldnt suggest feeding them this on a regular basis.)

So a nice feeding plan would be:

Staple: Crushed Flakes
Additive: Hard boiled egg

Even better, is to give them some BBS (Baby brine shrimp). But beware: do NOT overdue the BBS and DEFINATELY not the egg. It will quickly pollute your water.

Remember: Feed them a good 5 - 6 times a day, and give them a 10 - 25 % water change every other day, and they will grow even faster. ;)

Dakota

ok, thanks, and in that 2-3 gallon tank, what would they need, like aeration, or a filter, etc.

Usually the smaller aquariums can only be obtained by kits. A kit will have everything you need. But if you can get one without having a kit, then you will need a mini filter, (they're relatively new, I believe) small heater, and an airator. If you cant find a mini filter, just get the heater and airator. You dont even really need the heater, but it would make them grow faster. Just be sure to change the water often to make up for no filter and all that food.

Dakota

i gotta get me some film, lol, someone wanted 2 see a pic of my crowntail 2.

Most reactions

Back