guppy fry

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

bomar666

Reaction score
hi all 2 days ago my guppie had about 40 fry they all seam healthy but about 10 of them are very light with red eyes could they be albino or will they get darker like there brothers and sisters have any of you had this before ???? have you ever had albino guppies thanx for your help

Baby guppies don't really start to show color for a long time. If you're lucky,maybe in a month they'll start getting dark patches where color will appear eventually. My babies usually get color in 2-3 months. You can't really be definite on color until they are sub-adults. They'll continue to color up until they are about 5 months old or so. Unless it's a drab female,you'll see the tail and the topfin get some color,maybe not. Only time will tell. :)

They'll stay white for quite some time. My fry were dropped weeks ago and are still white. Chances are they will have the same colors as their parents.

I know what your talking about bomar666, and it's completely normal. I've had maybe 10 very light coloured babies been born amongst the other 150 regular coloured fry, but they seem to be healthy like the rest of them. I'm not too sure they'll stay that way or not, since non of mine are grown up yet (oldest albino is 1 month old, but is still light coloured). Guess you'll have to wait and see. :p

My platy fry are born white/translucent colour. Within a week I can start to tell differences between. i.e. the yellow fry look paler than the fry that turn out to be red (I have red and yellow adults).

After about a month you can clearly see the colour differences and at 2 months the colours are strong!!

hi all

update fry are almost 3 weeks old have 10 albino fry looking good so far they are still white with red/pink eyes :rolleyes:

do any of you know if i breed 2 albinos will i get all albino fry or should i breed back i.e albino fry with mother ????

Most reactions

Back