Guppy fry population Issue

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

alagars3

Reaction score
I had a 10 Gallon planted tank and started with 4 guppies.
After 2 months, now there are 20+ baby guppies.

I don't have space to setup another tank. I am in UK and there is a lake nearby.
I want to know if these guppies will survive there in this cold UK weather?

Though I admire guppies for its coloured tails and friendly behaviour/easy to keep, Now I am in trouble without a solution to address their population.

Earlier I thought it's so unfair to keep just male guppies alone without a female fish!
Please suggets me some solution!

Never, ever release aquarium fish into rivers or lakes. You could introduce disease into the river/lake and guppies are not naturally found in UK waters so they would affect the ecology.

There are ways of rehoming fish from taking them to a fish shop (if they take them you won't get any money for them as they are so cheap from the wholesaler), to selling/giving them away (try the classified section on here or http://www.aquarist-classifieds.co.uk/ ). If you can't sell/give them away, then you'll have no option but to put them down. Use clove oil to do this.

Never, ever release aquarium fish into rivers or lakes. You could introduce disease into the river/lake and guppies are not naturally found in UK waters so they would affect the ecology.

There are ways of rehoming fish from taking them to a fish shop (if they take them you won't get any money for them as they are so cheap from the wholesaler), to selling/giving them away (try the classified section on here or http://www.aquarist-classifieds.co.uk/ ). If you can't sell/give them away, then you'll have no option but to put them down. Use clove oil to do this.

Thanks for your reply. I am happy to give away without costs and have called 'pets at home' today, but they are not ready to take these babies. I will try the classified section!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back