Guppy Fry - Clamped Tail

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Cooper2085

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Ref This Thread

As per my above thread it seems iv messed up and hurt my guppy fry. Will clamp fin sort itself out? My fry are currently sitting in the main tank..... Survival of the fittest now it would seem, as im going to have to recycle the fry tank. So will Clamp tail go away?

First thingi try when my fish tails clamp is a higher than normal waterchange (40%) usually sorts mine out :)

I agree water change and test your water before the water change,
Clamped fins are a sign of stress, bad water quality, to illness.

Well 99% of the clamp tailed ones died. I think 1 is left. I have 10-15 in the main community tank now, they seem fine and nothing is trying to eat them. I guess i just notch this down to expirience, going to get my fry tank re-cycled asap.

R.I.P.
Fry with being young are very sensitive to bad water quality, so they do need a cycled tank.
Good luck.

So disheartening after caring for them all for the last month. Just hope there brothers and sisters do ok in the main tank for now.

Pin tail on fry is genetic weakness to mould or "fungus" and bad water quality/microbes/bioload. Some things you can do, as about 90% of them do die when a batch gets this is, 1. Raise guppies in bare bottom clean tanks. 2. Use an anti-microbial agent such as methylene blue or formalin 3. Salt, salt, and more salt. 4. Heat them to 82f

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back