Guppy attacking Gouramis

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

J_acon

Fishaholic
Reaction score
:angry: I found one of my females dwarf gouramis dead 2 days ago, she was injured and i thought it was a male gouramy who did it. Anyway today i spotted one of my male guppies attack my other females gouramis. :blink: he is insolation now, but why did he turn so violent?

how many male to female gouramis do you have, that might be the problem. You might have to go with either male or female ones or get enough females that the gourami has enough females to chase around but not hurt them or stress them out.

I had the same thing happen with my mollies turning extermly aggresive, I'm not really sure if anything caused it but now the nasty fish has it's own tank.

i've got the opposite case of the gourami attacking the guppies and tetras.
I might put the gourami in a separate tank for a day and see if he
changes his behaviour.

Hi i recently bought two gourami and put them with my 4 guppys (2 male, 2 female) and i noticed two guppys being more aggressive than normal today, one is more aggressive than the other. also two bristlenose catfish died one after 1 week and the other after 4 days (weren't in at the same time). i couldn't find any reason for them dying so im blaming the guppies, so what should i do? i've separated the gourami into a smaller tank.

you might want to start another thread on this subject...this topic is 15 years old

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back