Guess What I Got Today

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

hes a nice little fella :D
thank you kindly :D

This was my old boy that died at christmas - he was my favourite :-(

IMG_0648.jpg

okay, I'm having trouble getting my head around this new tank ... I'm feeling a wee bit brain dead today as it is!!

It needed it's first water change and I put the last dose of protozin in yesterday for the white spot outbreak. I was sat on the sofa like a numbskull trying to calculate 20% of 110 litres ... maths has never been my strong point.

In the end I've changed 4 and a half buckets. My buckets hold between 5 and 6 litres of water. Have I changed enough? I just can't get my head around it :shout:

...guess what I got today ... :fun:

IMG_0765.jpg

Another peppered cory :D (sorry for the poor picture, he/she is well camoflaged!)

manual focus is your friend :)

it's such a complicated camara (my Dad bought it for me for xmas a few years ago) and I still havn't learned how to do anything other than point and shoot!! Oh and change the settings from auto to manual ... that's about it lol

How are your fishies enjoying their new tank, and what are you going to do with the old one?

They seem to be really happy. I've lost 2 of my oto's due to lack of food and the stress of moving finished off my last two neons but everyone else is fine.

My Dad has taken my old tank and filter. He's got it set up and is currently letting things settle before getting a couple of small fish. I'm hoping that I'll be able to give him some media without stalling the seeding off the new tank :)

this is what it looks like now after about a month

IMG_0789.jpg

And I've just done a full water test and the PH has sorted itself out and it's looking like it's fully cycled too :hyper:

IMG_0788.jpg

One question. I've still got the old media sponges inside the filter, can I take them out now or will it crash the cycle?

why do you want to remove them ? they are now part of the bioload filtration system, depending on whats in there, and what you want to put in, you could safely remove some of it at a time. take too much out and you'll be cycling again though. though if you're going to just replace it with more sponge i wouldnt bother. keep the new sponge for when you get another tank :hey:

fair point. It's just crammed in anywhere I could get it and thought the new filter might be struggling with that amount of sponges crammed in. I'll leave them in anyway. This new tank is really coming on now. The plants are growing well and the fish are happy now I've treated them for flukes and they've stopped being irritated. Cheers guys :)

Most reactions

Back