GRRRR

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

iloveyou

Fish Herder
Reaction score
so.. the ick that one of the new guys brought in killed everyone cept 4... and the 4 that are left barely move so they will probably die also..

heres the death toll..

bc bettas:
turquoise female
blue female
yellow plakat female

other bettas:
small blue female
2 cambodian females

ones still alive:
3 big females
1 red steel female from bc betta

thats from the 10 gallon tank...

i also have all the females left from my 8 gallon which are:
bc bettas:
1 orange female
2 opaque females

other females:
1 blue female
1 big purple/blue female
3 white/baby blue finned crowntail females
1 big red female

so i guess i got a 10 gallon tank empty for something to go in :X

Did you quarantine the new fish for at least a week before you placed them into a shared tank?

:rip:
sorry for your losses :/
another reason an emergency fish kit comes in handy :nod:
last minute emergency medication
i find that for ich,
jungle fizz tablets start working immediately and have always saved my fish, even when they were saturated with ich :thumbs:
good investment just in case :)

Sorry to hear that, iloveyou. :rip:

Good luck with the ones that are still around :thumbs:

i didnt quarantine the fish ... looked fine but i guess not...

im buying 1 last fish... then hopefully eventually the cons/guppies/kribs will breed enough so i wont need to buy any new fish

my mom brought home meds... but i think the meds killed them....
meh..

hopefully ill have good luck with the fish i have now

Oh my gosh! Sorry to hear about all that.
I have never quarantined fish before adding them to my tank. I just float the bag for a couple of hours and put them in and take my chances.
Just remember to add whatever you use in the water for new fish; tap water conditioner, stress time, etc.
Good luck in the future

iloveyou,I think you might be cursed or something! :crazy: You haven't had good luck lately at all. I hope it gets better for you,and I hope your sick ones get better soon. :unsure:

you should always quarentine fish before adding them to a community tank, especially bettas because they are so delicate and prone to diseases..sorry about your losses but I hope you learned a good lesson from it too :sad: :-(

i used nox-ich...three day treatment. Saved my fish even after it had it for over a week and all he did was float all day or sink to the bottom not moving. (ooops, I was a newbie)

i have 2 left alive... 2 big females left.. but they both have big wounds on their heads from going into the filter.... turning white and fluffly.. its healing, but i donno if the ick will kill em or not

Most reactions

Back