Green terror and dojo loach

šŸ  May TOTM Voting is Live! šŸ 
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
šŸ† Click here to Vote! šŸ†

Wryer

Reaction score
I saw a thread about this already but the tank Iā€™m going to put the green terror with is a lot bigger then the gentleman that had the same question (to my knowledge I thought I saw he had a 29gal? I could be wrong) Iā€™m putting the gt in a 90 gallon 4.5ā€™ long 18ā€ deep and 24ā€ tall. Iā€™ve recently got into the loaches and I found out about a dojo loach and I want to have one, Iā€™m wondering if the gt would be fine with a dojo loach long term. I know gt are not as aggressive when theyā€™re small then when they get bigger theyā€™re pretty aggressive I hear I donā€™t want to get a loach then a year or so later having to get rid of him because heā€™s getting picked on

Hi welcome to the forum :)

Green Terrors are really hard to predictably keep other fish with in anything other than huge tanks. Sometimes it can work with other fish and a 90 gallon is a good starting point but equally it can go wrong so quickly and for no obvious reason.

In terms of the Dojo Loach you will probably have temperature issues as Dojos are generally from lower temperatures than Green Terrors so probably best to avoid it on that basis.

I would probably think of an other mid sized cichlid and loach combo. Maybe something like a Electric Blue Acara? And keep it with a group of something like Skunk Loaches?

Wills

Welcome to TFF.

I wouldn't, if I were you....best kept alone or in a male/female pair, unless you have upwards of 170 gallons

See "Behavior and Compatibility" here: https://www.seriouslyfish.com/species/andinoacara-rivulatus/

They aren't called "terrors" by accident, lol
Yeah i was planning if the loach isnā€™t going to work then I will just have it only for the gt the fish is really nice and it would of been nice to have the loach in there but at the sametime I donā€™t want to bring a fish into that tank that would be attacked abs or possibly killed. Thanks for the welcome and thanks for the tips

Hi welcome to the forum :)

Green Terrors are really hard to predictably keep other fish with in anything other than huge tanks. Sometimes it can work with other fish and a 90 gallon is a good starting point but equally it can go wrong so quickly and for no obvious reason.

In terms of the Dojo Loach you will probably have temperature issues as Dojos are generally from lower temperatures than Green Terrors so probably best to avoid it on that basis.

I would probably think of an other mid sized cichlid and loach combo. Maybe something like a Electric Blue Acara? And keep it with a group of something like Skunk Loaches?

Wills
I didnā€™t take the temperature differences into affect thanks for letting me know about that. Aswell thanks for the welcome

Yeah i was planning if the loach isnā€™t going to work then I will just have it only for the gt the fish is really nice and it would of been nice to have the loach in there but at the sametime I donā€™t want to bring a fish into that tank that would be attacked abs or possibly killed. Thanks for the welcome and thanks for the tips
More than welcome.

Most reactions

Back