Green Sailfin Molly And Fry Pics

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Madam Macaw

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Here are some pics of my new green sailfin mollies. I have two males and four females. The males are gorgeous!
2375605598_5999f2e325.jpg

With its sail up
2374771275_1bedac682b.jpg

One has a little more dark color on the tail but they are both beautiful
2375600730_b40d1759e2.jpg

2374778651_7e46c88385.jpg

2374778831_d243300fbd.jpg

A good picture of one of my cories:
2375600500_aa4a2011ac.jpg

Now some molly and sword fry pics:
2374736101_af5ba36923.jpg

2375569174_80262f35da.jpg

2375568358_050389c79b.jpg

2375567816_23d38fcbb0.jpg

They are getting so big - I am a proud grandmomma!! I definitely cannot wait for green sailfin fry though.

Very Nice!!!!!!!!! How old are your green Sail Fin babies? Mine are a month old and just a lil bit bigger than that. I just want to make sure mine are growing fine. I love your males. They look like that at my fav lfs( where they gave me my 5 green's as newborns for free!). I have always wanted some, but now i have them! Jus got wait about 5 more months before they develop thier sail!

Very Nice!!!!!!!!! How old are your green Sail Fin babies? Mine are a month old and just a lil bit bigger than that. I just want to make sure mine are growing fine. I love your males. They look like that at my fav lfs( where they gave me my 5 green's as newborns for free!). I have always wanted some, but now i have them! Jus got wait about 5 more months before they develop thier sail!

Actually the fry are swords (about 2 months) and dalmation fry (about a month). The dalmation fry are bigger than the swords! I have younger fry in the tank that are just ones I have been fishing out of the big tank. I have plants floating for cover, but the first two batches were born in the 10 gallon tank so I didn't lose any of them. I plan on keeping a few of the swords and dalmations for my son's tank and then the rest are going to the LFS.

Tis odd. What kind of babies are the Greenish brown ones? As mine are the saem color, but thier Green Sailfin Babies.

Tis odd. What kind of babies are the Greenish brown ones? As mine are the saem color, but thier Green Sailfin Babies.

Hmm, which picture? I only have dalmation mollies (mom is black with white spots and dad is white with black spots), they are silver with black spots. I do have some that are darker, but nothing that is brown. I also have some sword fry and a couple of little orange ones, but they might possibly be mickey swords - not sure about that. I figured I would wait until they get older. Also in there are 6 platinum fry and a few black fry from my black sailfins.

Do you have any pics of your green sailfin fry?

put some pictures of your fishes by now...

are they already thousands... :hyper: :S

please put some pictures again...

i like the way you get pictures of your fishes...

Hi,
I am new to fishforums: I started raising albino P. Velifera, black P velifera and spotted Velifera. It is so easy to obtain these for purchase. Darn it.......no one wants to part with or sell any green P. Velifera or P. Latippina!
You have such beautiful mollies pictured here. What feight of magic did you perform to purchase these superb green sailfin mollies?

I realise that this is back in 2008. Do you still have this line going for you? If so, could you please direct me to someone who farms them and would be willing to sell me some?
Goliad Farms has them...but it is like pulling teeth to phone any of their retail aquarium stores out in Houston, Tx and in Austin to get them to order from Goliad Farms for you. Local Aquarium Clubs in the Northampton County Pa and Bucks County areas have been suggested by your members to contact. I just looked at what these members raise......,none of them are raising any green sailfin mollies either Latippina or P. Velifera!
If you still belong to the forum and could give me some information I would appreciate it.
Thanks for your time,
Bluestone882 from Hellertown Pa. USA

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back