Green Hair Algae

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

I tried that, I just did a 30(ish) percent water change. I poked around and couldn't feel them either. 

The algae is fairly slow growing and easy to remove, I can put up with it until water changes take care of it if need be.

I think me stirring around substrate unearthed one of the root tabs, because my ammonia shot up to 4.0.  I'm going to try to clean all the substrate I can, and let the bacteria do the rest. (I was planning a nice, relaxing week, but alas)

EDIT: Nevermind, I have no clue what the ammonia is. My test is showingjust about .25 now.  I'll do the substrate clean anyway.

On the topic of ammonia, the third test I did was 0. Either my test is going bonkers or the bacteria did its job. I had a pair of mollies and a swordtail to test the waters, and they showed no sign of distress.

The phosphate test came in and measured 0. I noticed the algae has slowed considerably, only the occasional little hair instead of lawn grass. A few patches of diatoms have appeared, but I don't mind them. 

Hopefully nothing else crazy happens before this weekend.

Most reactions

Back