Green, Black And Brown Algae

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Bettakeeper

Reaction score
I have a 5.5 gal tank setup, it's been running for at least a month now. I cycled the tank using tetras they died since then a Betta, guppy and 4 snails and 2 grass like plants have been added. Plants have sprouted new shoots. My heater is set at 74 but my thermometer reads around 76. F The Ph is 7.4. I've been using neutral regulator everytime I do partial water changes but doesn't seem to help lower the ph. Basically been using it as a tap water conditioner.
I did make mistake of putting my tank in a bay window because I have no hood for the tank. Then the green algae took hold so I have cloudy green water I have since put paper backing on the back of the tank. Now I'm thinking of covering the sides as well. Noticed a few black and brown diatoms on the sides of the tank too. I've been changing the water weekly 1/3 water changes with gravel siphon. Any advice on tackling the green water it's been awhile I have forgotten what I did in the past.

This site helped me:

WWW.theplantedtank.co.uk/algae.htm

So many possibilities of why you are having green water this might help you figure that part out, and how to get rid of it...

Any willow branches near you?

Most reactions

trending

Back