Green Algae

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

fatelerror89

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I have green algae on the back of my tank. how can i stop this from happening i am doing weekly water changes and keep the light on no more then 8 hours. 

Cut your light down to 5 hours or so. Algae occurs in every tank. You could get fish to help clean it, or clean it yourself.

I lower the light time. I have 3 panda corys and 3 pepper corys in the tank dont know if they will help with the algae? I have just got rid of my sailfin plec but looking to buy a smaller plec

The cory won't help with the algae, as they're not algae eaters. A bristlenose plec would probably help but your tank isn't big enough to keep one permanently. Maybe some otocinclus.

Was looking a zebra pleco or a bull frog pleco. Dont really want something what grows to big

Zebra Plecos aren't really efficient algae eaters and needs protein rich food instead

Bull Frog Plecos? 
sad2.gif
 Never heard of them, I don't think they exist.

I get a picture of the bull frog pleco I mite have got the name wrong.

fishkeeper.co.uk/site/databank/leopard-frog-pleco-l134-

What ones would be algae eaters what are colourful and dont grow very big ?

I'd say some Otocinclus (best bet), a Bristlenose Plec or some shrimp

Shrimp would be great, but I don't know if those tetra would snack on them or not.

i would have Bristlenose Plec but i know in a year he will out grow my tank :( and dont really want shrimp. i mite have to try the  Otocinclus in the tank but must be a colorful pleco out there what loves algae  

There aren't any that I can think of :/

Yeah i have not found any either i mite get the  Otocinclus for the algae and i colorful plec for my main fish in the tank  

Find some Nerita snails. At least they'll eat the green algae on the back which I presume is green dust algae or green spot algae.  No fish eats that. There are nice varieties of them too.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back