got a tank, wanna put it saltwater fish

fishface33

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
resently got a new tank (200g) and im thinking about putting in saltwater fish what do i need for it? , and what am i getting myself into, is it harder to keep the fish alive than in freshwater tanks? how much is gonna cost for keeping saltwater fish compert to freshwater fish. thanks in advance

how much money it costs to get it started doesn't mater, im looking for the monthly maintenance cost

it wont cost more then 50$ a month, well for a 200G it could be about 80$ as long as your water perimiters are ok... starting a 200G could cost 4000$+

live rock alone will cost... over 500$ :crazy: :blink: ( about 125$ at 4$ each is 500$ pluss tax :) )

also saltwater fish are a BIT harder because they cant handle temp. changes very well also they need better water conditions, with 200G once you have themm right how could they change? fast...

hope that helps

It'll be nice having a SW in a 200 gallon tank, only down side to it is the cost that is going to cost you to set-up. I personally have spend over $3000already and it's not even finished and it's about 80 gallon tank.

Apart from that the good side is the size of tank will make it easier to maintain and all the rest of it than a small nano etc.

Monthly payments, depends on the ammount of power heads, If you go for metal halides, heater/s, if you will keep corals, food, etc.. I personally dont pay that much at all for mines, maybe $40 or so, probably less though.

Anyways keep us updated on your progess :)

Most reactions

Back