goldfish in plastic bins

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

wrs

Michelle's Hot
Reaction score
my brothers goldfish is getting kindof big for his tank, and it nips at his other fish and they cant get much food because he eats it all. So I was thinking of getting the fish a new home. My parents wont let us get another tank, so my idea is to get one of those big plastic bins for him to live it. But would that be okay? They come in all sizes, so are like 50 gallons or so. The ones from Walmart like places. But would these leek and would the plastic be bad for him?

Oh and these are the see through kind.

The problem with that is the width for swimming space isn't going to be to much is it? Which would be bad for the fish and cause problems for adding filtration and pumps etc?

theyre like 3ft long, how long do goldfish need?

wrs said:
theyre like 3ft long, how long do goldfish need?
How deep is it? Is this one Common Goldfish? :)

yup, its a commen, and the pins are 2.5 ft deep, and like 1.5 feet across.
Or would a 30 0r 55 gallon tank be better? My brothers birthdays in November, so he minght get a bigger tank, but not really sure, but I know my mom wont get rid of him as he was the first fish. Or would november be to long to wait?

I think that tank is like 20-25 gallons isn't it which is the recomened amount for the first goldfish then another 10 for each fish added.

thats big, lol. Never actually filled it up, just guessed.

Do you have a pic of this thing? Surely a plastic bin is upright and not very wide? Obviously I would recommend the tank as I am unsure of what this thing is but if it is those measurements and can hold a filter and pump and won't leak any harmful substances into the water than I see no problems.

Do you mean water tanks that people chuck in the garden to store rain water in etc?

If that case I get what you mean!!

no, my parents have some bins that are those size that they put theyre christmas ornaments and stuff in. Its just like a big walmart like bin. Nothing really special.

Do you mean water tanks that people chuck in the garden to store rain water in etc?

If that case I get what you mean!!

Ive never seen one of those before.

Well I think that in September my mom minght let us get a new tank for him if we dont ask her if we can get one, or get anynew fish, etc. But untill then, I just rearanged the tank so that the other fish have more room to get food with out him getting at it first.

btw hes only 4 inches big, so how long do you think he should be by september?

The growth of a fish will depend on its diet, enviroment etc so it is pretty hard to predict thr growth of your Goldfish. :)

Most reactions

Back