Golden Dojo Pregnant Or Hurt?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

NomNomTiger

Mostly New Member
Reaction score
I have to Golden dojos that I BELIEVE to be both Male, (Karl and Franchesco)

Karl is a lot bigger than Fran, but I got them around the same size and not too far apart. They have been buds for a while now, around 5 months at min. Franchesco follows karl, like right beside him, like he's stuck to him like glue. They twist and twirl together, and are pretty spastic(continuously going to the surface and back down almost getting stuck beside a pot I put in for my angelfish to breed on. 

Now, Karl has almost like scratches or his scales are coming up, and there is pink underneath. He has this just above and toward their face (like this <=====\==> the pink spot under them (assuming bum hole/etc). The marks are the same and on both sides which makes me think pregnancy. But I read they are very hard to breed in a tank so this doesn't make sense to me.

(< = head, = = body, \ is the angle the marks are of by the bum area, so very close, and > is tail.

What is it and what should I do ?

I sent the picture the night before and the pot spot he seems to love so much. 

Attachments

• swag.jpg
    swag.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 617
Your fish does look ill to me.

If there's one thing I hate to see, it's a bloated fish; especially a loach, as they're so sensitive to the things you can do for another fish (salt, most meds).

You can try a course of an anti internal bacteria med, at a half dosage; I'm not sure which ones are available in Canada though
confused.gif

Isolate the fish, if you can.

Oh, I should have asked; how big is their tank, have you tested the water at all and what tankmates do they have? Are they in with the angels, and if so what temp is the tank at?

Tank temp is around 80, just angelfish, another golden dojo, a horseface loach (just a baby) and a pleco. All are fine but this just appeared. a 20 gallon or 25. one of the two. I tried some salt, no effect.

This happened over night, I added a real plant in the other day, could that have caused this? 

Attachments

• hurt3.jpg
    hurt3.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 411
  • hurt.jpg
    hurt.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 958
  • hurt2.jpg
    hurt2.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 670
i think bloating is caused by overfeeding flake and live foods.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back