Go Shoot The Moon..... Quickly!

Ludwig Venter

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator āš’ļø
Reaction score
I did this exercise some time back and it was very interestingā€¦..This is the moon as I saw it 15 minutes ago at 19h45ā€¦ā€¦. If you go outside right now and take a photograph of the moonā€¦.. how do you see it????....do you also have a full moonā€¦. Although we are thousands of miles separatedā€¦.. we have one thing in commonā€¦. The moonā€¦ā€¦

100_3827.jpg

100_3836.jpg

100_3835.jpg

100_3832.jpg

100_3829.jpg

Here is one from Manchester, UK. Taken at 18.06 local time. Bit higher in the sky than yours but still full.

DSC_0101.jpg

We've got fog but the moon's still quite bright, taken just now at 6.20 local time
The orange glow is the street lights

1c0c1f9d.jpg

Interesting that it seems to be full all over the world??.... I would've thought you guys would see the rear of it ..... Dark moon, half moon, 1st quarter???.....

Stirling 18.20

So full and clear-but I can't find my camera :(
Crappy phone cam it is
IMAG2077.jpg

I see you're from Scotland Ny..... Cazgar did not mention which paart of UK.....

Yup in Scotland-snow free at the moment :D
Fishy friend2 - It's dark at around half 4 lol

Oh!... & btw..... My moon is from South Africa.....GMT+2..... I'd like to see it from the americanos an down under angle.... anyone?.... It is probably not dark there yet, but show it in any case.....(if you can see it from there)??.... Canada??

Since I have no moon picture to share, I have a funny story! It was Cazgar's post that reminded me of it!

A few years ago there was a news report that the people in our area would be able to see Mars sometime after midnight. We did not talk particularly about this in my family so I was surprised when in the middle of the night I woke up hearing my husband calling my daughter's name from her doorway, and then telling her to come with him he will show her Mars.

Now, I knew you needed a telescope to see it, so I was wondering how he was going to show her Mars when we did not have such equipment in the house. I also knew that Mars was supposed to be to the South of us, so I got up, curious to find out what he was showing her out the kitchen window that is facing North.

I watched the both of them looking out the window, my daughter half asleep standing there humouring her dad, so I asked him where Mars is. He proudly turned to me and pointed towards the trees, "there" he says, and I started laughing and shaking my head, he was showing my daughter the lovely orange street light from the next street over. :lol:

Shortly after he got his eyes checked and got glasses! lol

I'm in the north west uk, in Liverpool

im in Bhead its foggy as hell here just walked in my park next to the mersey and couldnt see liverpool it was so dark and all i could hear was fog horns from the river

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back