Glofish Here In The Uk ?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

OATA has contacted all UK wholesalers and asked them to not sell their stocks of these danios to any retailer.
I have no idea why OATA have taken this stance, so don't ask me. :)

Probably don't want to get caught up in any legal crossfire.

no what I'm saying is they are belived to be an illegal import of a rip-off of a trademarked product.

Yup, most likely. Although not that it's difficult, once you've got hold of a pair they're at it like rabbits in no time. There's a lot of possible issues with them- trademarking, GM, whether they qualify as dyed, whether it's cruel...

Its not harmful to the egg and not painful so why should we be able to create fish this way. Its not like the "blood parrot" situation. I like the idea of a fish that people have created yet its not harmed or disfigured in the creation. Its just a red daino. If i could find some i would get a few.

Oh, I didn't say it was, in fact I think the opposite. It's more a case of OATA/whatever probably wanting to investigate into the process to check that nothing is amiss, as it were. With plenty of people claiming, for instance, that the 'laser tattooing' of fish isn't harmful, there are equally plenty of people who think that GM danios are cruel.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back