glasscat question

vrmmmpshhh

Reaction score
hey guys i have 6 glasscats in my tank and lately ive noticed that 2 of them have HUGE stomachs, actually im not sure if thats their stomach, i compare them to the other 4 which have slender bodies and these 2 are mostly slender apart from this fat round area just infront of the anus.

any ideas? my glasscats are thrving in the tank which is only a few months old.

http://cryosi.co.uk/image26.htm
like that one but with a bigger stomach! a few of mine have bigger ares like that then its goes down i blame on them being the greediest out of the bunch! tends to be the biggest of them as well! what kinds of foods do you feed them mine love daphnia! Glass cats tend to get a bacteria infection. ( for all those that see them and see a white/yellow mark on their bodies in shops behind the organs and on body!)

One of my Glass Cats passed away last week, presumed old age for several reasons but, I had no idea they were pseudo-transparents. When it lost its clear appearance just minutes after death I was shocked.

Who knows how they keep themselves transparent?

its so they can blend into the background easily, they have a silver scale on the body that helps them blend in and to help the light giving them away too much, although they are day fish( dirurnal) they prefer a not too lighted tank. and a strong current to swim against !....

Most reactions

Back