Girly fights

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to vote! šŸ†

Guyb93

Fish Herder
Fish of the Month šŸŒŸ
Reaction score
Looks like my two female electric blue acara have had an argument .... again the smaller one in the photo is the more aggressive and claims boss but her rival is getting big they normally square off for a while then nip at each other but today they are lip licking bad I tried to split them with the net but just pushed them both about , water test come back good as expected as I did my water change yesterday, any ideas

Attachments

• 575F949E-5F63-4F28-9A7C-F17B801D1AEA.jpeg
    575F949E-5F63-4F28-9A7C-F17B801D1AEA.jpeg
    276.1 KB · Views: 85
The only thing I can think of is separating them before one does really bad damage to the other. You could try rearanging the tank, or putting new stuff in the tank to confuse their territories up a bit. But this is only a temporary fix. But I don't really know much about these fish, and maybe adding more will help, but I am not sure.

The only thing I can think of is separating them before one does really bad damage to the other. You could try rearanging the tank, or putting new stuff in the tank to confuse their territories up a bit. But this is only a temporary fix. But I don't really know much about these fish, and maybe adding more will help, but I am not sure.
Iā€™m going to do a reshuffle I think and I have 4 of them itā€™s just these pair they donā€™t like each other thinking maybe if I drop the tank temperature down for a bit , I donā€™t know but thatā€™s the first time iv saw them locked like that I could of scooped both out easily with the net they wasnā€™t bothered at all

How big is your tank? It's possible that you may need to find a new home for one of them if adding more hiding places doesn't do the trick

How big is your tank? It's possible that you may need to find a new home for one of them if adding more hiding places doesn't do the trick
5ft 500l , itā€™s madness I was watching them last night there was no more fighting but it was like a rocky montage both of them training at opposite ends of the tank and by training I mean attacking my plants biting them locking on and trying to pull them out , fairly amusing to watch until I noticed they were nothing doing it , are they strengthening there pull for there tug of war fights or just taking aggression out

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back