German Blue Ram

IreneIrene

Reaction score
hello all, 
sad2.gif

i need some advice about my german blue. when i bought him from the pet store , 2-3 months ago he looked perfect , with all its colour and full of energy. He eats and swims around all the time, doesn't seem to have any issues with the other fish. But although in pet store he had all his colours , the moment we put him in the bag to bring him home and until today he has  only the yellow colour near its mouth an neck and the blue on his belly to the tail. the black spots and the the black colour on him in general doesn't appear. Yesterday i noticed that after a while that i closed the lights the black colour returned and he looked normal. But its the first time that i saw him looking normal with lights off.Never with lights on. In the picture i attached is with lights on. So i suppose its not any kind of sickness, maybe stress. If anyone has experienced something similar or has any advice please answer me. 

my PH. is 7.0 
me tank is 120 L

my fish are:
1 synodontis eupterus  8cm
2 dwarf gouramis
5 nenon tetra
1 banjo catfish
1 big bright orange shrimp
1 ghost shrimp
1 german blue ram

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-09-04 at 10.54.45 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-09-04 at 10.54.45 AM.png
    40.4 KB · Views: 139
I could possibly just be stress from rehoming. What are your ammonia levels?

Blue Rams are really hard to keep - often a trigger can be the nitrate but due to the way they are bred can dictate how they need to be kept - what is the temperature of your tank?

Wills

Most reactions

Back