Fluval Flex 15 gallon build thread

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

How are the barbs and shrimps together?
After finding a juvenile cherry barb in my main tank I decided it was safe to get cherry shrimps, a mixed colour group like yours. I now have a lot more shrimps than I bought, the fish leave the newly hatched shrimps alone, and like your tank they have lots of hiding places.
i haven’t noticed any aggression between the barbs and the shrimp which is really good because that was something i was worried about when i first got stock. i actually saw a baby cherry shrimp last night so that’s a really good sign :)

I love build threads. Especially this one. They need a bit of loving too :)

IMG_6047.jpeg

i think it might be some sort of tiger variety but she sure is big!
I love that tiger shrimp reminds me of a more colourful Amano 😍

I love build threads. Especially this one. They need a bit of loving too :)

I love that tiger shrimp reminds me of a more colourful Amano 😍
thanks! that’s definitely my favorite shrimp out of all the shrimp i have. i have the male too so hopefully they’ll breed sometime and i’ll get more tigers? who knows!

I'm interested! The plants have gone bananas! Looks lovely, I appreciate a wild looking tank, it must feel so natural to fish living in that kind of environment. I think cherry barbs are underrated, the males especially can get such a vibrant shade of red and they're definitely the most peaceful of the barb family.

I agree - I have 2 fully grown males which are bright red. The fry I found is also male - he's not as big as the others yet but he's red and chases the females. The 8 females have their own beauty - mine are almost gold under the tank lights.

I haven't posted in this journal until yesterday but I have been reading it since the day it was started :)

I'm interested! The plants have gone bananas! Looks lovely, I appreciate a wild looking tank, it must feel so natural to fish living in that kind of environment. I think cherry barbs are underrated, the males especially can get such a vibrant shade of red and they're definitely the most peaceful of the barb family.
exactly! i just love how natural and lush it looks and i know the fish and shrimp appreciate it environment.

definitely underrated, i was kind of nervous getting them because i’ve never kept cherry barbs before, but they’re super fun to watch! i do need to get more soon though because i had 2 that died the day i got them (most likely from stress) so i only have 4 now.

I agree - I have 2 fully grown males which are bright red. The fry I found is also male - he's not as big as the others yet but he's red and chases the females. The 8 females have their own beauty - mine are almost gold under the tank lights.

I haven't posted in this journal until yesterday but I have been reading it since the day it was started :)
that’s awesome! yes, the coloring/marking on the females is really pretty too :)

It's amazing to see your shrimp doing well! I on the other hand have lost many to WROD. Out of 15, 8 are left
:/
im so sorry, i luckily have never had to deal with that, but i know its a horrible thing to have to see your shrimp go through :(

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back