Fluval Edge

And tonight's results are;

pH: 7.4
Ammonia: 0ppm
Nitrite: 0ppm
Nitrate: same as this morning (<5)

I shall continue to update this log, but only with significant changes from now on...prob getting a bit boring for most now anyways.

Thanks to everyone for the help/advice/comments so far :) (sure I'll have more questions in the future!!)

Jay

:fish: :fish: :fish:
Keep up the good work with your Edge Jay :good: :good: :good:

Keith.

how is the betta getting on with the tertas? I read tetras can be quite nippy towards a betta. But as i assume yours is either a plakat or female its fins arent as inviting? Looks good though!

He's doing absolutely fine and indeed he is a half moon dragon plakat. The video really doesn't do him justice colour wise (metallic green-black). Embers don't hassle him at all...they even share food when I'm not hand feeding him :)

Love the tank :good:

Glad to see the betta and tetras are getting along, mine didnt :crazy:

Love the tank :good:

Glad to see the betta and tetras are getting along, mine didnt :crazy:

Sorry to hear that about your tetras. I'd always thought embers were pretty dull but their actually really peaceful and charasmatic fish!

Sorry to hear that about your tetras. I'd always thought embers were pretty dull but their actually really peaceful and charasmatic fish!

Ah i didnt read properly, my betta was with neon tetras and it was the betta that came worse off. Hopefully you wont experiance the same with the embers :good:

Quick update:

Ammonia and nitrite levels still all ok, added another java on wood so pretty sure the scape is now finished & hoping to get some more critters soon! :)

Thought this was due a quick update. Our levels have remained the same (still 0ppm for both ammonia and nitrite). Nitrate has dropped considerably and the plants are doing fab. Fish are getting along great and we have had no troubles so added some panda cory's this afternoon :D

Ok so there's some good news and some bad....

I'll go with the bad first, we are now down to just seven Embers :( the eighth appears to have completely disappeared. No sign of him/her in the filter, impeller unit or tanks itself. My only thought is that it has been eaten by the tankmates! (they didn't seem to fussed on food today)

I did a 25% water change yesterday and parameters are spot on, all the other fishes are just fine.

Good news, levels are keeping up and came across a 19l Fluval chi for just £45 so looks like George (our Betta) shall be getting an upgrade :p

Pics of the tank are here (for anyone who's interested) http://www.fishforums.net/index.php?/topic/351066-my-fluval-edge/

Cheers Jay :)

Ok so there's some good news and some bad....

I'll go with the bad first, we are now down to just seven Embers :( the eighth appears to have completely disappeared. No sign of him/her in the filter, impeller unit or tanks itself. My only thought is that it has been eaten by the tankmates! (they didn't seem to fussed on food today)

I did a 25% water change yesterday and parameters are spot on, all the other fishes are just fine.

Good news, levels are keeping up and came across a 19l Fluval chi for just £45 so looks like George (our Betta) shall be getting an upgrade :p

Pics of the tank are here (for anyone who's interested) http://www.fishforums.net/index.php?/topic/351066-my-fluval-edge/

Cheers Jay :)
Sorry to hear about your missing fish, water parameters seem to be very stable :good:

Keith.

Checked again today, it's definitely no where to be seen. Ye I'm pretty surprised myself - mature media was a massive help though.

Shall be upping the Embers again once George has moved out!

Checked again today, it's definitely no where to be seen. Ye I'm pretty surprised myself - mature media was a massive help though.

Shall be upping the Embers again once George has moved out!
George will love his new home.

Keith.

Quick update although there really isn't much to say! TAnks running like a dream, levels still all ok etc. Just waiting for the Chi to cycle so we can move our fighter over then add some shrimps on a few weeks once the tank has matured.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back