Fluval 3 Problem

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

linda1503

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Hi, I've got a fluval 3 running in a small 34l tank, over filtered I know but its the only filter I've got, anyway my problem is that the last few days the filter has been making this sort of weird noise. I can only discribe it as a sort of 'clicking' I've tried cleaning it and its fine for a couple of hours but then starts again, any ideas? Thanks

Hi, I've got a fluval 3 running in a small 34l tank, over filtered I know but its the only filter I've got, anyway my problem is that the last few days the filter has been making this sort of weird noise. I can only discribe it as a sort of 'clicking' I've tried cleaning it and its fine for a couple of hours but then starts again, any ideas? Thanks

Hi,

My FLuval did the same, I cleaned it all up and it would be fine for a while then start making the noise again. In the end I bought a new impeller for it and it stopped making the noise and has been running silent again now for nearly six weeks.

Rich

Thanks for reply rfisher, I was thinking impeller but hoping it was something else that I didn't need to go the shop for. :/ Guess I'll just have to buy one, how much are they? Funds are low at the moment! :(

Hi,

I paid £7.99 for mine at my LFS. The price does not seem to vary too much from place to place though.

Rich

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back