Flow Rate

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

rictheredneck

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
is there such a thing as too much flow? obviously some live stock prefers allot and some a little. in my 310l i have a hydor koralia 4 at 4600 lph and a interpet phd 1 at 440 lph which is placed behind a big stack of lr which is also hiding my hob skimmer which the pump is also pulling water through it (the effects of this are obviously negligible but its there) thus giving me a flow rate of 5040 lph just over 16 times the tank volume an hour. being VERY impressed with the hydor koralia im going to be getting another one because i obviously need more flow.

so which one should i be looking at?
the koralia 1 which would give me a 21 times flow rate
the koralia 2 which would give me a 23 1/2 times flow rate
the koralia 3 which would give me a 26 1/2 times flow rate
the koralia 4 which would give me a 31 times flow rate

i know about the 20 times turn over rate rule of thumb, but with flow being such a major factor in the health and well being of inverts should i be thinking at a little over or not?

cheers y'all! :D

there can be too much flow sometimes softies can be ripped by them! but i dont think it will happen if you go just above the 20x princible!

i was thinking about getting 2 korlias :) but wasnt sure since there new how reputable they are! but loosk like there working for you so may look into getting 2 !! do you get them off ebay?

there can be too much flow sometimes softies can be ripped by them! but i dont think it will happen if you go just above the 20x princible!

i was thinking about getting 2 korlias :) but wasnt sure since there new how reputable they are! but loosk like there working for you so may look into getting 2 !! do you get them off ebay?

no i got mine from lfs for £60 not too bad for the koralia 4. super impressed though you put your hand in and it doesn't feel powerful, (well doesn't to me cos I'm used to the cheaper type power heads with like a pin point nozzle) but everything in the tank is moving. obviously have know idea on longevity but yeah happy customer.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back