Flow Output Of Identical Powerheads (same Type And Flow Output)

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

If you have two or more identical powerheads, is their flow output

• rougly the same

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • quite different

• I don't know

• Total voters

dilbert

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I was wondering how much people experienced a difference between the flow output of identical powerheads straight from the beginning or with the time.

Cant answer the question directly but I can tell you that I'm involved with manfacturing electronic goods and even if you take two products which where made at exactly the same time they will not be identical.

For most electronic/electrical goods they will be tested and if they fall within the tolerance range they will be passed and sold. The tolerance range will detirmine how different two pumps could actually be out of the box. If the tolerance range is +or- 10% then a 100lph pump could come in at 90lph or 110lph.

Then if you look at performance over time this range of difference could increase even more due to wear in parts, slightly different input voltages, different location in the tank (different water pressure, back pressure, heat, light exposure, etc).

So basically it is unlikely that anything you buy which says it is XXX lph or 900w or whatever is exactly dead on. :)

Most reactions

Back