Flourescent Pink Tiger Barbs

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Gill

Store Manager Coalville Aquatics
Reaction score
Saw some this Week. :sick: :sick:

And some that had green horizontal stripes along their dorsal.

Now this is the same shop that had the red honey gouramis. And Were very upset when i Named them on here B4.

Well, Never going to go there again.

Now this is the same shop that had the red honey gouramis. And Were very upset when i Named them on here B4.

If your naming of them made them squirm - go for it!! It will hopefully show them that they cannot get away with hood-winking all of their customers. Adverse publicity to a business that relies on the :wub: factor that pets (any pets) have on us will not be welcomed by them.

Go get 'em :devil:

Like this if u will feel better :ninja:

and then like this :angel: :whistle:

If your naming of them made them squirm

Actually, they did not squirm, they threatened court action.

as they insisted the Gouramis were not dyed, but fed color enhanced food to make them red.

I will Go there and try to get a Pic.

Damn shame, I wasn't a member before when it was discussed. I would love to know so that I can avoid that place or any place associated with it and I am sure that other newbies would feel the same. :no:

Respect your decision though.

while we are on the subject i bought 2 green tiger barbs and later read here that there are some that are bred to be green and others that are dyed that color. is there anyway to tell what variety i have? I also have 2 that are the albino variety and they look a bit pink. wouldn't say they were florecent though.

dunno about telin the difference... but when they wanna get it on ;) :shifty: they normaly act like tiger barbs the front (over the mouth ect) go red :) a deep red and there bottom fins (under the belly dont know the name) go a deep red also.. dont think mine were dyed green as my lfs dosnt support dyed fish.

Hi there..............
Do you mind that I added your first post onto the Hybrid and dyed fish topic that is pinned on the top of Tropical Chit Chat..........

Just thought people should also be aware of these poor fish!! :-(

I found mixed fruit tetras at Walmart last night, not certain if they where died, but they showed pics of them looking really bright in color, and the ones they sold where a bit dull, and just had likea streak of color in them. In any case, I've seen painted Glass fish there, bought one a long time ago that didn't live long. Makes me sick to think of it. I know that local one here has painted glass ones the have lost most of the paint. And I'm not certain about their other fish like oscars and gourmis. I got to wondering if my fish from there had been died, since they seem so weak to diseases, but it might just be the water there too. They never clean the tanks, large fish are kept in dark tanks with rocks, no plants. I only see filters, no air stones. And many dead fish. I won't buy from them again. EVER. I probably won't even buy fish food there unless I have no way to get into Boise to buy food. The micky mouse platy I have has a dull color, yet brighter red on top fin that seems "feathered", the color just feathers into base of fin. And tetras have light color accept for their red fins. Maybe just be illness or they might get color back later, but I still felt their might be a possiblity, I mean they color other fish, why not platties and tetras too. Mean people suck.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back