Fishtank next to speaker?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Kara101584

Fishaholic
Reaction score
I am thinking of moving my fishtank, do you think my 1 gallon would be OK next to my computer speaker or do you think the sound would bother him?

I think it would bother him. Such a small volume of water and right next too a computer speaker.

If its only small couldnt he go somewhere else? :thumbs:

I moved it so I could take this picture, I don't play music... So it would really only be "Welcome, You've got mail!"

What ya think? No? I don't have to have him here, just thought it might be nice to have him next to me.

100_0879.jpg

That's the exact same place that my boys are sitting at work.
Except they sit kind of by my radio.
I have it on all day long, very softly.

I think as long as the speaker isn't pointed directly at it, he should be fine :)

Most of the fish I have back at home live in a room alongside several loud, screaming birds (including an amazon, who you can hear from down the street), a blaring radio, busy traffic, and my parents fighting. If they aren't bugged by that, your guy probably won't be bugged by "You've got Mail" :lol:

In all seriousness though, I would just keep the sound down (or off; that you've got mail thing drives me insane), and if the fish seems stressed, just move him again. ::shrugs::

I've got a couple of bettas near my computer speakers, and while I do play music all the time when I'm at the comp (softly, mind you,) it doesn't seem to bother them. They don't even react when the sound comes on, so I can only assume they're fine with it :dunno:

As most other people have said, he should be good.

I have 6 bettas on my computer desk, the closest of which are about an inch from the speaker, and none of them are bothered by music or anything providing it's not too loud :)

Oscars will breed pretty good with a heavy metal band practicing underneath them 3 times a week. It worked out well years ago for my old drummer, I don't see how a tiny computer speaker will bother your fish.

Tolak

I couldnt see how a speaker playin loud music would be good for a fish. Its only "i got mail" in this case, which i reckon wouldnt harm him much, but any loud constant music, i would think, would harm them.

Why do they say "DONT TAP THE GLASS" Its not cause it leaves finger prints is it! ;)

Meh,my stereo in the fishroom is on the top shelf...seen here..
brqdoor1.jpg

Tons of fish directly beneath and I have heavy metal playing every day from the time they wake up,until they go to bed. They spawn with it on too. I've accidently left it off on occasion and when I walk in the room everybody is pouty until I turn it on. I think he'll be fine :p

Most reactions

Back