Fishless cycling

You can use your own. A lot of people use different brands for different things... Unless of course you get an apple tablet, then you also need their phone, their ear buds, and their PC 😂
I think I'll get the dr tim kit. Can I use my own anti chlroine tho or I also need to buy his?

I think I'll get the dr tim kit. Can I use my own anti chlroine tho or I also need to buy his?
But I would recommend testing your water for ammonia. If you get anything above 0 that means that your tap has choromines which you cant get rid if using a normal conditioner that just rids of chlorine. Chloromine is a mix of ammonia amd chorine, so you would be left with just the ammonia if if you used only a chlorine conditioner...

What test kit should I get with the dr tims set?

What test kit should I get with the dr tims set?
A lot of people just get the API master test. Its very accurate and easy to use...

The master one or only ammonia and nitrite?
The master test kit... It will test for ammonia, nitrItes, nitrAtes, low PH, and high PH.

I can understand your confusion because I'm getting confused lol. Do as @Essjay has recommended above and you will be just fine.
If you use the Dr Tim's ammonium chloride to cycle with you will also be just fine in doing so.
You will have plenty of time to decide on what fish you want while the aquarium is cycling. Cycling can take 4 to 6 weeks.
Do you have some sort of filtration?
I would definitely get the API master test kit.

I can understand your confusion because I'm getting confused lol. Do as @Essjay has recommended above and you will be just fine.
If you use the Dr Tim's ammonium chloride to cycle with you will also be just fine in doing so.
You will have plenty of time to decide on what fish while the aquarium is cycling. Cycling can take 4 to 6 weeks.
Do you have some sort of filtration?
I would definitely get the API master test kit.
I have the atman F101 filter.

Most reactions

Back