Fishless Cycling Help Please

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Thanks, I really hope so! Going to have it heavilly planted with loads of different coloured and textured plants.

I saw your photos and videos, the tank looks great! Glad to see your fish got to you safe and sound. I'm considering ordering mine like that too, as the killies and apistos I want aren't very common in LFSs near me. Would have to get most of my stock like that to make the postage cost worth it though. I shall see.

Dying for this cycle to finish now so I can get my plants sorted, and then the fish. :)

Thanks, I really hope so! Going to have it heavilly planted with loads of different coloured and textured plants.

I saw your photos and videos, the tank looks great! Glad to see your fish got to you safe and sound. I'm considering ordering mine like that too, as the killies and apistos I want aren't very common in LFSs near me. Would have to get most of my stock like that to make the postage cost worth it though. I shall see.

Dying for this cycle to finish now so I can get my plants sorted, and then the fish. :)

I really think its worth paying for the postage, if it means you get the fish you particularly want...you could be kicking yourself if you settle for alternatives...I'm very satified knowing I have exactly what I wanted! I look forward to seeing you up and running :good:

Yes it's definitely something I'm considering. I'll see what I can get locally when I come to buy the fish.

Me too, the nitrite was 0.1 tonight after 13 hours! Slowly but surely! Think I'm going to order the plants after the weekend. :)

with those readings plus a heavy plant load you will surely be done!

I've just added a powerhead to my tank; the Ilyodons have immediately schooled, and face the current as they would in a fast flowing river...they look great! (sorry, you probably don't want to hear this, but it sounds like you will be all fishy soon!!). Don't forget pics :good:

BTW you obviously have the patience of a saint! - I'd have stocked by now (and possibly regretted it)...my ammonia and nitrites have stayed clear so it worked for me at least.

Yep I think so too. Will see how it is tonight, plant order is going in on Monday :D

Aww it's nice to hear you have happy fish after all that cycling :) love your avatar pic by the way!

Here's my journal, don't know whether you've seen it... http://www.fishforums.net/index.php?/topic/389642-120-litre-planted/page__p__3274223__fromsearch__1#entry3274223

Note the date I started it :blink:

Here's to being sufficiently cycled :drink:

Thanks for that link - good ideas there for my next tank...the bug is biting

Isn't my happy hoplo great!!!

I will be following your thread and look forward to some green photo's :good:

No problem! Looking forward to updating with something that's actually interesting! Haha!

Yep, he/she is lovely! Ooo what tank you getting next? You going to go for a totally different theme in each new tank you get? :fun:

I'm looking forward to taking them! :)

No problem! Looking forward to updating with something that's actually interesting! Haha!

Yep, he/she is lovely! Ooo what tank you getting next? You going to go for a totally different theme in each new tank you get? :fun:

I'm looking forward to taking them! :)

Definitely a different theme...I mentioned in your journal I want JD's next; that will be a 5/6-footer if I can re-arrange the entire apartment...JD's and plants don't mix so I will plant out the 4-footer and keep the Hades theme, and something completely different for JD. Please don't come across too enthusiastic at this point as it might push me over the edge and into starting now!

Yes so you did. Sounds good. Sorry, I'll try to keep a lid on my enthusiasm. Getting a bit giddy at the thought of actually turning my 'tank' into an 'aquarium'. I'm sure you know the feeling. :lol:

Yes so you did. Sounds good. Sorry, I'll try to keep a lid on my enthusiasm. Getting a bit giddy at the thought of actually turning my 'tank' into an 'aquarium'. I'm sure you know the feeling. :lol:

There right now! it really is a buzz to see the (near) end result, sit back and know your fishes are getting the royal treatment! The cameras are permanently sitting next to the tank ready for action...and now of course with this one nearly done its hard not to think of the next one...

Your cats will enjoy having some little fishy friends to play with methinks; hope you have a tight-fitting lid :rofl:

Well the fish I currently have are happy, but I'm looking forward to moving them to a much bigger tank.

Mansey, my female cat, spends most of the day sitting on a beanbag in front of the tank watching the fish. Her favourite is 'Bill' the albino cory. She's already fascinated by the new tank even though it's empty! She comes running when she hears me open the lid to dose it etc. There are bubbles to watch in it now because of the airstone, but that started before I even had it! She won't know what to do with herself when it's full of fish!

This is quite an old picture, and the tank has changed, but Mansey is on the left. Domino's not as interested any more now, he's more bothered about trying to steal the fish food from the cabinet underneath. You can see Graham there!

cf92d810.jpg

Your cats are lovely! I had a black rescue cat with me for 7 years, but when I moved from my house to an apartment she couldn't get used to not being able to get out...then one day she fell off her usual perch on the windowsill and down 3 floors to the patio...I had a minor heart attack and went over thinking I would see pizza-cat, and there she was just looking up at me miaowing VERY loudly as if to say 'Its your fault'. I decided at that point that I had to let her go, which was no easy task...the Cat Protection League told me 3 months later that she had been homed in a big house with a huge garden, so I knew I had done the right thing!

I have thought of getting a Maine Coon as they are such beauties; a friend of mine has one...she loves it more than her fella methinks!

(sorry, taking your thread off-topic!)

Graham looks great! He's going to feel a bit lost without his fishy buddies though..

Oh no poor cat! At least she landed on her feet. I doubt I could actually bring myself to give my cats away. Glad she went somewhere nice though. Maine coons are lovely, they can get huge! My two are pixie bobs, they're the smartest cats I've ever met. I'm sat playing fetch with Domino as I'm typing!

We're selling that tank to another of my boyfriend's work friends. I've said he can have Graham too if he likes. He'll be getting the filter and everything with it too, so as long as he keeps the sponge wet he'll be able to set it up straight away and Graham will have some new friends. I've just realised how ridiculous I sound.

Moving on, my nitrite is less than 0.1 tonight after 14 hours. :)

all quiet there Flubberlump...hopefully thats a good sign and your cycle is as good as done - you planted yet?

Indeed! No I'm not planted yet :( apparently there's a white fly outbreak in Asia so a temporary ban has been put on some of the plants I want entering the country, and the guy we're getting them from can't get them. :grr: so waiting to hear from him this week, and think I'll order whatever he doesn't have from somewhere else. How annoying.

Still haven't made my mind up about the cichlids though haha!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back