Fishless Cycle Log

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Nope. The fact that all ammonia and nitrites are not gone with the first sample means that the bacterial colony has some room to grow yet. Once both are clearing at the first sample is soon enough to raise the dose. Until then the surplus at the first sample is plenty to keep the growth happening. Anything else would just complicate interpreting what is happening.

It looks to me like it is coming along nicely Harlequins. There will probably be a few more minor bobbles before we are done but you are making some progress.

I don't see much change so far but the morning numbers are slowly dropping and the evening numbers are slowly improving too. I think you are on the right road and will see it improve much closer to double zeros in the next week or two.

Well i've now abandoned fishless again :rolleyes:

I had 3 x 2 week old fry die in the floating trap,so i have decided to again try them in there,now they're bigger i feel better at doing the water changes everyday.

So complete tank strip down and washed out,filled tank with used tank water from main tank,all fry now in,fingers crossed they make it,there's a few looking a bit iffy!

Just keep close tabs on your water quality and you should be close enough to finish as a fish-in cycle Harlequins. I think we have seen this with your tank before haven't we? I assume it is the same fry that you tried to move a week or two ago but got concerned when the nitrites started to show up again.

Just keep close tabs on your water quality and you should be close enough to finish as a fish-in cycle Harlequins. I think we have seen this with your tank before haven't we? I assume it is the same fry that you tried to move a week or two ago but got concerned when the nitrites started to show up again.

Hi oldman,yes you're right,the nitrites were showing again last time,has i was concerned over the 32 fry left,and thought i would give it another try in the 30l ,the fry have grown and i can see them now so i'm happy to do daily w/c if needs be.
I've never been happy with the sponge filter in that tank,so i have put the eheim aquaball 2006 in there also,i put a stocking type sock over the bottom to stop fry getting stuck in :rolleyes:

Will keep a check on water stats :good:

thanks

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back