Fish tank stand help!

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

F1shmom

Reaction score
Hello,

I’m not sure if this is the correct thread to post this in but my betta fish currently lives in a 5 gallon tank and I really want to upgrade to a 10 gallon tank. These are the only two pieces of furniture in my room and I wanted to know if you all think they can handle a 10 gallon betta tank. The first post is what the current stand my fish tank is on and it seems to have a slight dip when I look at the bottom of the stand. The second is my other option for putting the fish tank on and I also attached a pic of what the inside looks like.

Attachments

• 5E57BE7B-C5BF-4874-9CA1-003583EBF275.jpeg
    5E57BE7B-C5BF-4874-9CA1-003583EBF275.jpeg
    273.9 KB · Views: 72
  • C6759B3F-8FA9-425F-9EB3-8852AC487F80.jpeg
    C6759B3F-8FA9-425F-9EB3-8852AC487F80.jpeg
    282.1 KB · Views: 71
  • 82EAAA61-0355-4DA4-A397-3ED26D8FB912.jpeg
    82EAAA61-0355-4DA4-A397-3ED26D8FB912.jpeg
    283.1 KB · Views: 68
Hi! This probably wouldn't be the right place for this question, but I think you can ask a moderator to move it, probably to Tropical Discussion.

A 10 gallon tank weighs about 100 or more pounds when full, usually the best way to see if a piece of furniture can hold that much weight is to stand on it. If it wobbles or feels insecure, don't use it, if it feels stable and can hold your weight without wobbling, it is usually ok

Hello,

I’m not sure if this is the correct thread to post this in but my betta fish currently lives in a 5 gallon tank and I really want to upgrade to a 10 gallon tank. These are the only two pieces of furniture in my room and I wanted to know if you all think they can handle a 10 gallon betta tank. The first post is what the current stand my fish tank is on and it seems to have a slight dip when I look at the bottom of the stand. The second is my other option for putting the fish tank on and I also attached a pic of what the inside looks like.

10 gallons of water weighs around ~90lbs, so if you think that the unit can take that weight then go ahead. But a fair warning, my old unit (a second hand wardrobe) has lots of water stains now, so you might want to lay something down to prevent that.

Of all your pictures I say yes to all except the thing with the shelves. Looks a bit flimsy. I just bought an Aqueon Forge aquarium stand for my new 20 high and I can put a 10 gallon on the bottom. The bottom shelf is supported by 4 metal buttons and looked pretty skimpy to me but it's holding like a champ. Fill the tank slow and cast a hairy eyeball on things, being ready to abandon at the first sign of trouble. Have buckets and hoses at the ready. If it was me I would put the ten where you now have the five and feel safe putting the five anywhere.

Of all your pictures I say yes to all except the thing with the shelves. Looks a bit flimsy. I just bought an Aqueon Forge aquarium stand for my new 20 high and I can put a 10 gallon on the bottom. The bottom shelf is supported by 4 metal buttons and looked pretty skimpy to me but it's holding like a champ. Fill the tank slow and cast a hairy eyeball on things, being ready to abandon at the first sign of trouble. Have buckets and hoses at the ready. If it was me I would put the ten where you now have the five and feel safe putting the five anywhere.
Hey! Thank you for your help! My 10 gallon just arrived so I’ll set it up on my current stand. I hope all goes well ?

Most reactions

Back