Fish Room Project

Picked this stuff up locally...

Photo1098.jpg

... then ordered this lot online...

Photo1099.jpg

set up the FX5 today , really liked the Eheim Lav, little bits of lava rock, should work well with the Fluval Biomax stuff, filter running on the Roma240 until I get the main tank ordered :good:
Was advised of a manufacturer/supplier of textured backgrounds, USA based though so will try find out more over the weekend...
Cheers for looking :good:

Just seen this aswell. Youve really got the bug lol. Your trophs are gonna look stunning when they colour.

Just seen this aswell. Youve really got the bug lol. Your trophs are gonna look stunning when they colour.

A couple of them losing there spots, got the bluish white band coming in already, some folks saying they will have a narrow yellow band , not as broad as the Maswa, some saying they will have a white band, I think the white will look cool, only time will tell though, eh.....
Should have some cash for the tank at the end of the month so planning on 50% deposit for the new tank, get some sand, controller and light, then if there's any change ask Mike nicely if I can pay for some Gobies and see if he'll hold them for me....then back to the homework, find out more about obtaining this.....

bjw30-gray-1.jpg

The Fluval FX5 seems to be bedding in fine, a lot quieter now and less gurgling etc, I stripped it the other night and rearranged the media , a lot better now :good:
Managed to get some crushed oyster shell, so will do some pH testing with it till I can figure out how much to add to the Fluval 305 :good:
Have been in touch with American manufacturer for 3D backgrounds, good info and feedback so it might just be a goer :good:
Have also been in touch with a few aquarium manufacturers for quotes etc :good:

I'm sorry I don't have any pics. of a new tank yet, going to be skint till the end of the month now :sad: , the house comes first, new suite, units etc etc etc and the list goes on :lol:

Will post these wee videos , hopefully for your viewing pleasure, the dubs are a bit larger and a few are getting there bands in, as you can see the community tank is overstocked, the dwarf comps are flirting and fighting, watched a scrap with the cyps tonight, the sooner I get the new tank the better :good:
Sorry about the c**p quality, hope you enjoy.....

Neolamprologus kunweensis

190ltr Tang Community

My dubs Tonight

Fluval Roma 240

Fluval Roma240

I am now lookin for a group of these... Tropheus mpulungu

tropheus_mpulungu.gif

tropheus_mpulungu_group.gif

Cheers for looking, Sean :good:

Hi, finally get a couple of days off work so time to "rest",
The sumbu spawned a few weeks back but due to being to busy I didn't get any time to remove them, the cyps have been very "busy", have a few females holding and have my first fry :good:
managed to pick up some large cobble stones today, very big, I sourced the lakefall grey I think it was but looked nothing like the pictures I have seen, the pieces were bloody enormous, the Mrs hated it saying that it looked like big lumps of tar :lol: Found some really nice Cotswald but after "accidentally" pouring some vinegar I had with me (who takes vinegar to a garden centre?)it looked like a sherbert fountain so I left it, the cobbles had lots of mould and dirt but a quick scrub and the look ok, got them in some boiling water just now to be safe.
I have sourced a juvenile group of Tropheus moorii (Kasanga), if I hadn't seen them I would be one step closer to purchasing a bigger tank. The tank is now going to be 72"x18"x18", no way a x6x2x2 is going to get up that narrow winded low ceiling stair :grr:
As soon as I can get my phone to talk to my net book will try to et some pics up of the baby cyps , fingers crossed there will be some progress soon.
Cheers for looking, Sean

That first background is the nuts Sean...looks superb. Don't suppose you can PM me the name of the mfr?

Btw...was wandering round the net for Tangs breeders here in Israel and found what looks like a belter. Already mailed them with a wishlist. :hyper:

Check them out... Pisces pretty sure they're exporting to UK and if this is the place I'm thinking of one of my mates mate's works there...will find out tomorrow :good:

Oh btw...so jealous of you getting to make a fishroom....maybe I'll throw the 3 kids out and use their rooms as fishrooms....think the other half would buy that idea :rolleyes:

Hi, thought I had better put a wee post in to keep this thing going. There has been some progress, the tank has been ordered a few weeks ago but still waiting for it. I have the FX5 cycling away on the Roma240 just now, have a second group of Tropheus (kasanga red rainbows) :drool: and today I received my tectured background. Just need a heater to be ready for the new tank, if there os funds and I can swing it I will add a tetratec ex700 and steal the hydor 300w eth from the 190ltr, will just put a heater in there. :unsure:
Have loads of Cyprichromis fry and a few females with BIG mouthfulls :hyper: , been unable to catch them so today bought some BIG nets, also started buying small sponge filters here and there, stuffing them into all the extaernals so they are ready for the NEXT project, I know I know this ones not even done yet :lol: Going to change the substrate on the 190 once everything else is done, to much of a mish mash so two backs of black sand in the 190ltr will do. Have been syphoning loads of sand out of the 240, can't wait on the big tank.
Have loads of fishy/fry/tangy/tropheus/tank videos but phone still not talking to netbook :grr:
After selling two good tanks (with really new hardware) I had to buy a wee fry tank 18"x10"x10" :lol: Have shell dweller fry now also :good:
Here's the background I got today :good:

back1.jpg

back2.jpg

back3.jpg

back4.jpg

Cheers for looking, Sean :good:

Project took a bit of a hit, lost all the Cyps and Xenos . . . :sad:

Received a call saying that the 6' tank is ready for delivery :good: Bought a 300W Eheim Jager heater from LFS -£30.00 :grr:
Tropheus are looking good, really settled with the new rock layout, :grr: hoping for a smooth transition to the new tank. The Cyp fry will inheret the fluval roma240 , hopefully adding a couple of sand sifters, once the fry are big enough they can go in with the sumbus.
Will be like starting over, even though this has been a huge blow it's also like a blank canvas to start over.
Gobies in the Troph tank ? Cyps in the sumbu tank ? Sand sifters and Punks with Kungweensis in the 240 ?
A digicam by Xmas ?

Maybe it`s time for punks or multies? ;)

New 6 footer arived yesterday, been a bit of a headache but thats it finally in its place.
Plans- start on background. Have egg crate, sand, filling its gonna be fun :no: :lol:

I have been "instructed" that thats the end of it and no more. wait till I start stocking :lol:

cant wait to see pics of this

Can you fix my netbook or sponsor me a decent PC and I'll post all the pics. you want. :good:

I'll get something sorted out soon mate, rather than doing a step by step think I'll wait till it's all done, fish and everything, hopefully have the netbook up to speed by then... :good:

Cheers, Sean

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back