fish need a good home

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

I'm moving

Reaction score
I am moving from downtown Chicago and can not move my fish, but I will be keeping the tank for future use. I'm not looking to sell the fish, just want to know that they will go to a responsible owner. All fish are healthy and the tank has never had any disease. It will be first come first take, and you must come get them...bring something to put them in! My offerings are:

1 white pearl molly
3 clown loaches (1 small, 1 medium, 1 huge)
1 albino shark, about 4" long
1 male New Guinea Rainbow (about 4" long and 3 years old)
2 male(?) Bosemani Rainbows (about 3" long and 1 year old)
1 large female Koi Angelfish, about 3 years old
1 "Peppered" corydoras, about 3 years old
1 "Reticulate?" corydoras, about 3 years old

The prize of my tank is a beutiful Plecko. I believe he is a "Reticulated Plecko". He is about 3-1/2" long, is black and has fine gray markings that resemble fingerprints all over his body. He isn't good at eating algea, is shy, but is beautiful! I paid big $$$ for him and have never seen another for sale in Chicago.

If you are local and interested, send me an email at [email protected].

Im in chicago.... PM me Im intrested in the cories and the clown loaches

i want the corys! Can i have the peppered cory?
oh and i would like to know mre about the pearl molly

my AIM is MR Mashashin or just pm me.

Tropjunky,

I am moving a 10 gal. setup with 2 Black Moor goldfish and a 12 gal. nano-reef. The tropical tank is a 30 gal. acrylic half cylinder and I'm thinking of converting that to a large reef. When I bought it, years ago, I had the intention to make it reef at that time, but was new to saltwater and was intimidated. Now that I have had success with the small reef, I'm ready to expand.

[quote name='I'm moving' date='Aug 18 2004, 03:59 AM'] Tropjunky,

I am moving a 10 gal. setup with 2 Black Moor goldfish and a 12 gal. nano-reef. The tropical tank is a 30 gal. acrylic half cylinder and I'm thinking of converting that to a large reef. When I bought it, years ago, I had the intention to make it reef at that time, but was new to saltwater and was intimidated. Now that I have had success with the small reef, I'm ready to expand. [/quote]
Is the nano-reef one of those cube things? I saw one at my lfs it had a clownfish and a cleaner shrimp. So cute! I want one.

They say that the smaller the reef the harder it is to maintain because any swing in the stability will be more drastic. I bought the 12 gallon "JBJ Nano-Cube". If you do a search on Google you'll find more information. I have a rose BTA, a black ocellaris clownfish, green wellsophyllia (sp?), cerith snails, scarlet hermit crabs, mushrooms, zoos, and a ridiculous amount of hitch-hikers. I havn't added anything new to the tank in about 8 months, and this week I found 4 tiny brittle stars. There are hundreds(?) of amphipods, which is a great thing, maybe a dozen bristle worms (1 is getting too big), and last night I spotted something a little larger than an amphipod but it didn't have the arched back or long legs. I'm thinking mantis shrimp (I hope), but that may be unlikely since it is so small and I havn't added anything in so long.

Basically, its a glass cube with a built-in filtration system hidden in the back and has power compact lighting in the hood. The lighting isn't enough to sustain clams, but everything else thrives in it. I have eabout 10 pounds of live sand and about 18 pounds of live rock. The live rock provides filtration, the built-in filter (sponges) is just used to trap larger particles. The live rock's filtration capabilities also generate enough heat to keep the small tank at a constant (+-2 degrees) temperature, so I removed the 5 Watt heater that was hidden in the back. I added a small Rio 200 powerhead, just to add some extra circulation to the water, but that wasn't neccessary.

I test the water every two weeks, add trace elements every other week, and do a water change every two weeks. I'm amazed that the JBJ Nano-Cube is so stable! I'll never had anything die, no disease, and everything in there has thrived!

Most reactions

Back