Fish Keeping & Pregnancy?

Aaawww, congratulations!! 😍 ❤️❤️🍼🐤

Some gloves and covering any wounds and washing hands/forearms thoroughly before and after is sensible because of the TB/risk of other potential bacterial infections in an open wound, for everyone, pregnant or not. ;) I haven't done it myself, but I'm sure you'll manage fine!

Be good to train partner up in how to do water changes etc now, while you're still more mobile, and yep, avoid the heavy lifting of course. But mainly, try not to fret too much, and congrats on another bundle of joy! :D
Thank you so much!! Funny you mention fish TB - that’s actually how I realised I was pregnant again 🤣 the night before I took the test, I spent hours researching fish tb and had fully convinced myself I was going to get it and spiralled out of control! 🤣 the next day i actually said to @rebe that I went down an insane rabbit hole 🤣 then when I got home I started to think to myself “I wonder what could be causing these irrational thoughts” and the Penny dropped 🙈🤣

Congratulation on the forthcoming event :)

Not the same I know, but when I had cataract surgery I wasn't allowed to lift anything for 4 weeks afterwards so my husband carried the buckets for me. I did the siphoning and adding water conditioner to the buckets of new water, he did the heavy bits. The surgeon said I was allowed to lift a litre jug of water (to ladle the new water from the bucket to the tank) but nothing heavier.
Thank you! That is good to know! Baby 100% has to be born via c section due to previous complications so it’s good to hear from someone with post surgery experience ☺️

Ah, with a C section you won't be allowed to lift anything heavier than a mug of tea/coffee. With my surgery I could do the non-lifting bits myself, but I had to get someone else to carry the heavily things. Abdominal surgery is a bit more limiting than eye surgery though as it's more extensive.

Ah, with a C section you won't be allowed to lift anything heavier than a mug of tea/coffee. With my surgery I could do the non-lifting bits myself, but I had to get someone else to carry the heavily things. Abdominal surgery is a bit more limiting than eye surgery though as it's more extensive.
Yes that’s true unfortunately! It makes me laugh a little, as I was being discharged from hospital with my daughter after my last c section, the nurse gave me a big talk about how I can’t do any lifting or anything strenuous etc.. then she proceeds to hand me my 2.5kilo daughter in a 3 kilo car seat, and then reminded me not to lift anything over 2 kilo…. 🤣🤣🤣 I’m not sure what the expectation was there 🤣

I've never considered that to be particularly large. My grandmother said that when my father was born the scales only went up to 12 lb (5.4 kg) so she never knew exactly how heavy he was at birth, just 12+ lb. This was 1923 and she was 3 weeks overdue.

I've never considered that to be particularly large. My grandmother said that when my father was born the scales only went up to 12 lb (5.4 kg) so she never knew exactly how heavy he was at birth, just 12+ lb. This was 1923 and she was 3 weeks overdue.

I know 9lbs isn't like, unusually huge or anything, but it's still a pretty solid weight at birth is all I meant :D

But my heart definitely goes out to women giving birth to a baby of any size! Then you hear about a 12 plus pound baby? Wow, your poor grandma! OUCH indeed!

I would be so lost without you 🫂 🐠
AWW 🫂🫂🫂

Thank you so much!! Funny you mention fish TB - that’s actually how I realised I was pregnant again 🤣 the night before I took the test, I spent hours researching fish tb and had fully convinced myself I was going to get it and spiralled out of control! 🤣 the next day i actually said to @rebe that I went down an insane rabbit hole 🤣 then when I got home I started to think to myself “I wonder what could be causing these irrational thoughts” and the Penny dropped 🙈🤣
I remember!

Most reactions

Back