Fish I.D. A.S.A.P

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

dixaisy930

I'm trying really hard to act normal
Reaction score
I just brought home a new fish...the lady at the lfs said it was a panda cory (which I know it's not, but he was all alone and they didn't even have a sign up for him). And I have NO idea what he is. He's about 1.5 inches long, white with black spots, similar markings to a panda cory. It's sort of flat though, with a rounded nose. It has feelers/barbs. Any ideas? Is there such a thing as a panda catfish?

check out www.planetcatfish.com, they have a whole bunch of pictures under the "cat-elog". try there. if its a cory cat, try to find some other cory buddies (don't ahve to be the same kind)

I do have three cories already, and he looks nothing like them. :) He almost reminds me of a balla shark, but not quite. lol

C. Rabbauti looks similar to Panda sometimes, the flattened body shape could mean a pygmy but they are a silvery grey and are TINY!

It's not a cory...but I'm pretty sure it's some type of catfish.

Well, whatever it is...I think it's going back to the lfs. It's chasing everything in my tank...the cories, bumblebee gobies...even my puffer and mollies!! If anything gets close to him, he goes after it. It sort of looks like the fish one, but now that I look at it closer, it has black stripes...not spots.

No...I don't think it was...I'll probably never figure it out. I took it back to the lfs, and got a rubber lipped pleco instead. Much more compatible. :D Although, she has been hiding most of the time...is this normal? I don't have any bullies in my tank...lol

Most reactions

Back