Fish Disease Harmful To Human?

hwoarangtag

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
are fish diseases be harmful to human say when you handle you aquarium and you have a wound somewhere.

Fish tuberculosis, is transmittable to humans, can be quite nasty with low immune systems
ich is not a zoonose

Good hygiene practices will beat all potential transferrable diseases

That was certainly an interesting read. I honestly had no idea there was such a thing as Fish TB.

God Bless,
Joshua

While this stuff is somewhat interesting I really have no fear of catching anything from my fish tank besides MTS. I have never worried about sticking my hands in the tank and dont think I will.

If you look at the links wilder provided, there were 18 cases reported in 20 years!

KOD-your link didnt state any additional info or reported number of cases.

If I had AIDS or was 95 years old or for whatever reason had a weakened immuned system, then I might think twice. Until then I'll eat a cheeseburger while redecorating the tank.

Drew

What about human diseses that are harmful to fish?

I don't know about disease, but symptoms can harm fish, such as having very sweaty palms. One way to spread disease from fish to fish is by placing your hand in an aquarium with a very ill, infectious fish, then in a tank full of healthy ones.

was there not a story about someone nearly loosing a finger after a wound got infected :blink:

just remember fish have sex in that water, along with other things :rolleyes:

Attachments

• img3034333.jpg
    img3034333.jpg
    9.4 KB · Views: 155

Most reactions

Back