fish adoption

kaley822

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
is there anywhere you can take your fish if you need to give them away? I dont have any friends that will take them and my family kills fish like its their job. :sad:

Yuor lfs might take them, especailly a small one rather than a chain, if you explain the problem nicely to them.

Uhh...is there any chance you could politely ask your family not to killthe fish? what are tehy doing to them? :blink:

they dont try to kill them, my parents really just dont have the time to look after them and they dont want to put in the effort (although i would consider it very minimal) to take care of the fish. i am going away to college and my mom said she didnt want to take the fish but she would if she had to. every time i have gone away and come back there have been dead fish and a filthy tank. i will try lfs but the closest one is like 40 min from me and i dont know how i would transport all the fish.

Get in touch with a local fish club. They will probably be very willing to help you find homes for the fish. Otherwise, if you're willing to ship them, try posting an add on Aquabid.com (or a similar site) and sell them.

It might also be worth checking into your campus policy--fish are typically allowed in dorm rooms, since they are quiet and don't pee in the corners.

yeah i know for the university that i plan to go to you can take the fish with you :p

nah mine doesnt allow them, plus its like 8 hours away and that would be a lot of work to transport them

I am curious as to what fish you have.
I think any one on this forum would look after them if you can find some one that lives near by.

Most reactions

Back