First Time Salty ~370L

Of course. :p

Put the salt in tonight and the heaters are going with the powers heads too.

I have kind of run out of salt... by my calcs I am down 100g from one vat. Immediately ordered another but not looking until Tuesday until it gets here. Hopefully it will be okay... will see later tomorrow.

Water is at temp, and all the salt has gone from the bottom - still not fully dissolved though (water does that weird shimmy :p).

Anyway, decided to call the 2 LFS that do Marine stock.

LFS 1 (the better of the 2) - Hermit crabs "red, blue and rock", and no snails, 2 weeks wait for Turbo snails only.

LFS 2 - none at all - they're cutting back their Marine stocks.

Probably going to have to go all the way over to Gloucester (I remember Morri mentioning a place which is good). 3 hours driving, fun... not.

I have a list of places that sell livestock online (also equipment) and they have been breaking one by one, and not many are still running.

I only really have one right now, and they are out of stock of quite a few things - for the sake of £15 postage I'd rather get them all at once.

(also halloween hermits are £15, unlike the £3-5 of the others - are they really that expensive?)

I'm not sure if I can post the shop here?

Does anyone know of any other online livestock sites?

I bought my halloweens and snails from a seller on ebay - will try and look to see who it was

Seffie x

Had A look on eBay but no Halloweens at all, and not much else really.

This is the shopo on ebay:

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/OceanCoralsUk

Think I emailed him and he got me some along with some snails :good: and then of course there is good old fishmans frags - he is calling them hawaii hermits

http://www.fishmansfrags.co.uk/shop/8-critters/6-hermit-crabs.html

Seffie x

I'd been looking for hawaiian hermits as I have seen them called both :good: And nice to see they have them for only £4 unlike the other place :rolleyes:

I've heard of fishmanfrags before, will make sure to keep it in my list. They have no blue knuckle (or eletric blue as I think i've seen them) in stock.

So, looking at a list, based on what they have in stock...

2x Halloween/Hawaii Hermits
12x Dwarf blue leg - fancy shell (minimum order is 12... seems excessive?)

6x Tonga super Nassarius (they don't have vibex in stock)
2x True Mexican Turbos
6x Cortez Large Ceriths

Shrimp...
They have no cleaner or peppermint currently (I can buy cleaners locally, just not peppermint). And I'm not going to bother with a CBS :p

Thoughts?

Just sorting things out to empty the tank down now :)

We have life!

I got an order of the above - the dwarfs are tiny! The smallest I have seen.

Nass were fun... within seconds they hid in the sand :p but that's okay was expecting it - now I have 6 protrusions coming out of the sand instead :p

Hermits started climbing and having fun on the "algae garden" at the one end of the tank - though 4 of them are all piled in one crevice and it makes me wonder how annoyed the ones right inside are and if they can actually move :p

Glad I got the halloween hermits now - they're so pretty (thanks seffie :p)

Went to the LFS today to pick up a cleaner shrimp. They have a MASSIVE aiptasia problem there currently - I wonder how on earth they could deal with it. At least it's only in the fish tanks (I am right that its only really a problem with other corals etc? and unsightly of course).

As I thought they didn't have peppermint shrimp, but do have sexy shrimp which I will consider.

Been very busy today - very long day - so photos tomorrow when the lights are back on.

Okay okay... if you insist, here are some photos.

:p

Cleaners were too close so couldn't get a focused image.

FIIIIIIIIIIIIISH WEEEEE

*ahem*

Bicolor Angel (Centropyge bicolor)

Was in the shop for about a month, so good indication it was feeding (I should have asked what they fed it when I got it, too late now). At home it was automatically grazing the rock, fed her the next day and it ate flake straight away, also tried mysis the day after (today) and ate them too.

Still a little shy, although if you sit down she (our decision rather than actually knowing :p) will happily swim around/in and out of the rock. Also took a stab at a Pseudocorynactis (beadlet) nem that I have in a few places around the rock - not yet touched any of my polyps.

Photos on mobile for now, SLR pics when Sigma stops ruining my love of photography :sad:

Pseudocorynactis (beadlet) nem that I have in a few places around the rock

Thats a nice looking fish :good:

However am a bit confused with the above comment - you havent bought beadlets have you? They need a cooler tank and are not suitable for the higher temp we keep our tanks at

Seffie x

No - I had a feeling someone would have mentioned this, I already know about our coastal beadlet nems etc.

They've appeared on my LR and I asked for an ID and got back Pseudocorynactis (granted I am still not 100% convinced).

imag0415.jpg

In a week or so I will be looking at a pair of clowns. LFS doesn't have any b&w ones in yet. I've read around and apparently they're fine but I want to double check - I can keep a b&w common with a regular orange/white?

Yes you can keep a B&W with an orange but there have been a few people who have had problems.

Look up jewel anemone and see if that better fits what you have :good:

Seffie x

Most reactions

Back