First Tank

Ive got an external 205 alongside an internal U4. Ill give it a google cheers.

Ive got an external 205 alongside an internal U4. Ill give it a google cheers.

It's simples, as long as you have room for a bag somewhere at the last stage of filtration you only need to remove it when it turns dark brown.

Can be recharged as well using bleach and Seachem's water conditioner (Prime) so much more cost effective in the long run than carbon which I dislike.

It says it removes ammonia and nitrite, so it'll be after ive cycled then!

Well pH seems to have stabilised again (Keeping an eye on nitrates though!).

12 hour (was actually 13 hours but anyways) test:

pH: 7.2
Ammonia: 0 ppm
Nitrite: slowly rose to off the scale (As in it didnt immediately turn purple at the bottom, it went through each colour)
Nitrate: Not tested.

24 hour:

pH: 7.2
Nitrite: 0 ppm
Nitrate: 40-80ppm

Seems to be getting there again!

Getting there...

12 (13, im changing the dosing time to make it a 12 hour) hour test:

pH: 7 (Dosed bicarb up to 7.6 for now, will let it fall naturally soon)
NitrIte: 0.25ppm (WOOHOO getting there!)
NitrAte: untested

24 hour test:

pH: 7.6
NitrIte: 0 ppm
NitrAte: 80ppm

Closing in on qualifying week I hope. Going to do a partial water change soon to dilute the nitrates before they crash my pH again!

this sooooo not fair... :( mine arent budging for the 12 hr test :(

You'll get there! Bear in mind i'm around 6 weeks or something in.

This morning's true 12 hour test yielded 0 ammonia and 0.5 ppm of nitrite. So close :)

Think i'll buy some plants at the weekend and get ready for my final big water change! Theoretically I could add fish already I think since I'm not going to put a full stocking in at once.

I'll also need to swap out the carbon/poly sponges that are in my U4, will be replacing them with foam - if that sounds sensible!

Last few days have been identical:

12 hour:
ph: 7.5
Amm: 0
Nit: 0.5
Nitra: NT

24:
pH: 7.5
Amm: 0
Nit: 0.5
Nitra: NT

I'm getting fish next Sunday ( 16th) ).

Wont be a full stocking, and I'll also be getting plants. Plan on doing a 100% water change next Friday, dosing with ammonia on the friday and sat, fish in on the Sunday. Probably going to get: Cardinals, harlequins, cories, cherry shrimp and a bristlenose plec to start with.

Afterwards I'll add guppies, dwarf gouramis, keyhole cichlids, glass cats and then some Otos to finish off my stocking.

Cant wait.

It has to process 5ppm for a FULL stocking - yes. I intend on less than half stocking.

Double zeros at 12 hours :) On track for my major water change on thursday/friday and fish on sunday!

Starting off with: 10 harlequin rasbora, 1 plec, 10 panda cories, 6 guppys (4f2m) and maybe a pair of keyhole cichlids (not sure whether to wait or not for them).

Most reactions

Back