Fires in Canada and elsewhere

My very elderly parents are on evacuation alert, they live in South Central BC, if it gets worse I will either drive or fly them to my home, so no real worries. I live on the coast and it was touch and go for conditions but no fires around. Last two mornings we have had "overnight recovery", meaning we had dew in the morning which significantly reduces the potential and current fire activity. The conditions will tend to improve with the shorter days. Thanks for checking on us. I believe we have a small contingent of Aussies fighting fires here.

I live on the Coast (Vancouver BC) area. The smoke was terrible on Saturday through Monday but has cleared up the rest of the week.

My Grandpa is in a home in West Kelowna near Shannon Lake Road. They were evacuated and moved somewhere further into Kelowna.

i too am in SW BC, Greater Vancouver area. The smoke sometimes heads this way, but most of our winds are from the Pacific inland, so we are spared the worst of it. Looking out and seeing everything in an orange hue is strange. And the air quality is poor (or has/can be). Imagine the woman with two small children fleeing their home, and as they drove along the highway the windows exploded from the heat, and the car actually began to melt. That is almost unimaginable.

Where I was yesterday burned in the Spring, but I am across the country from the current fires. The east had fires in the Spring, and the west is getting hit now.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back